You do not have permission to access this page!! (1 Viewer)

tourettes

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 7, 2005
    Unfortunately some of the forum threads that Mantis links to are residing inside our team private sub forums.

tourettes

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 7, 2005
    So , how can i contribute/participate in MP development?

Currently there is no way to access those threads (and there wont be). It would be good if all the error related threads would be opened in the public forum.

What comes to that specific Mantis issue. It will be closed soon (with a solution to use some global folder).

framug

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 31, 2005
    South of France
    Home Country
    France France

creativemind

October 27, 2009
    Community doesn't even have read access, Don't you think it's a bit odd? MediaPortal is opensource , isn't it?
    Maybe you have a reason for that, which you've already discussed with the community , if there is can u give me its link?

So , how can i contribute/participate in MP development?
    You have to be a sorcerer and guess with a crystal ball. :D

I'm a developer myself and know what you're talking about, but don't u think turning everyone away because some people act like that is not good for the future of MP? MP is one of the best in its field. most of people now days have computer and a TV at home , they can all benefit of such a great software and they can all help. why make them silent users while they can contribute, atleast by reporting bugs or testing nightly builds.

framug

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 31, 2005
    South of France
    Home Country
    France France
    I'm a developer myself and know what you're talking about
    Happy to know that, it seems we are 3, here, for the moment. ;)
    but don't u think turning everyone away because some people act like that is not good for the future of MP?
    Yes, I suppose it's case for eventual new devs who would like to help.
    why make them silent users while they can contribute, atleast by reporting bugs or testing nightly builds.
    Well, users can already contribute and, they do it since long time by reporting bugs and testing weekly builds.
    Communication wasn't never the strength of the MP Team but, many progress has been done this way.
    Of course, it not perfect and, I suppose it could be improved but believe me, it's better than before. ;)

This is only my opinion, if a Team member want to answer...

pilehave

Community Skin Designer
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 2, 2008
    Hornslet
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    Personally I see it as a big problem that not all forums are open for registered users to view. Not really in the open source spirit ;)

I don't see any plausible explanation for it, so let's open up. Would also give coming-up contributers a fair chance to catch up with the current state of MP.

Users who are viewing this thread