Your experince with MP and Vista 64bit (1 Viewer)

MadDuke

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 9, 2006
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    Hi, im planing to upgrade* my HTPC from XP 32bit -> Vista 64bit!
    (*some would proberbly call this a 'downgrade')

The TvServer runs on another machine (XP-32bit), so it would 'only' influence my 'Media Portal client'

I have searched the forum, but could only find little about peoples experience with Vista 64bit – most of it negative (but I suppose you're more likely to post when you have a problem!)

What is your experience with MP-client and Vista 64bit? (especially after v.0.2.3.0 RC1)

/MadDuke

odin318

Portal Pro
    April 21, 2006
    mine is Ok. The only real pain is the green button. I have yet tio figure out a way to disable WMC from launching when using the button. Also, I have been having issues with the latest SVN's and running the progam. i have to always end the ehtray.exe process to get MP to run. All in all, its pretty decent.

I would get the Vista Codec Pack if I were you, it helped me out a lot.

http://www.jtow.net/users/triess/

mrfx

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 14, 2006
    Home Country
    Poland Poland
    TV does not work with ATI 550 Theatre (Sapphire Theatrix) tuner in Vista Home Premium 64bit . Setup see and recognize card, but can't tune channels becouse of error message appears. I used MP (including snapshots) for some time with XP, but since changed hardware and switched to Vista I have to use MCE...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom