Youtube and h264 and aac/aac+ codecs (1 Viewer)

Jordi Aseque

April 10, 2009
Home Country
Spain Spain
Usually I use the awfull (at least for me) realplayer to download the youtube vidieos. The new ones are codified in h264 and the audio in aac/aac+. And they cannot be played by MP. But it seems that if i recode the audio to mp3 it goes well. So it seems no problem with the video codec even if in MP skips the original one. The transcoded with only the change from aac to mp3 works well. So how i have to configure to see directly the downloaded videos ? Is it possible? It seems i need a aac/aac+ codec?

Thanks.
Jordi

Jordi Aseque

April 10, 2009
Home Country
Spain Spain
I have found the answer. The extension .flv given by the downloaded system used ( RealPlayer) with the h264 video codec and the aac/aac+ audio codec confuses the codec mediaportal has to use. If i only change the extension from .flv to .m4a without any transcodification it works all well.
Thanks
Jordi

Users who are viewing this thread

Similar threads

Hello. I'm 28 from Italy and I use Mediaportal to record videos which I then have to process with another software that only recognize recordings with MPEG video and audio tracks. So, as the object of this thread, I would like to change the audio and video codecs for recordings processed with an analog PCI-E Card with HDMI input...
Hello. I'm 28 from Italy and I use Mediaportal to record videos which I then have to process with another software that only...
Hello. I'm 28 from Italy and I use Mediaportal to record videos which I then have to process with another software that only...
Replies
Views
Hi, I'm quite new to this forum so please excuse me if I'm short on my understanding on how this works, I've been trying to find a solution for a couple of days but I've been yet unsuccessful. I'm trying to use an old HP Touchsmart (iq500) as a TV screen to live stream my PS2, as I haven't got enough room/money for a new TV. The...
Hi, I'm quite new to this forum so please excuse me if I'm short on my understanding on how this works, I've been trying to find a...
Hi, I'm quite new to this forum so please excuse me if I'm short on my understanding on how this works, I've been trying to find a...
Replies
Views
It is looking and working very well now and I am almost at the point of switching my HTPC to MP2, madvr would definitely push me over the edge for sure.;)
It is looking and working very well now and I am almost at the point of switching my HTPC to MP2, madvr would definitely push me...
We are proud to present MediaPortal 2.3 MediaPortal 2.3 is a full-blown media center software that addresses the most common user...
Replies
Views
We are proud to present MediaPortal 2.3.1 MediaPortal 2.3.1 is a full-blown media center software that addresses the most common user requirements out of the box. Aside from its support for Live TV and Radio, it offers a complete media server for music, movies, and TV shows. Info is automatically downloaded from various sources to...
We are proud to present MediaPortal 2.3.1 MediaPortal 2.3.1 is a full-blown media center software that addresses the most common...
We are proud to present MediaPortal 2.3.1 MediaPortal 2.3.1 is a full-blown media center software that addresses the most common...
Replies
Views
Yes.
Yes.
Hi, I have a Yamaha RX-V681 with 5.1 speakers (Teufel LT2 MK2 5.1). Latest MediaPortal, latest LAV Filter, latest nVidia drivers...
Replies
Views
Top Bottom