Zap2It discontinuing service (1 Viewer)

rob3435

Portal Member
April 18, 2005
This effects pretty much all North America users (MediaPortal/MythTV/etc). (XMLTV, Zap2it plugin, etc)

At one time many years ago Guide+ use to work with my ATI AIW 128 PRO (pre radeon days) does anyone know of a competing service to the free zap2it? or are we going to have to rely on screen grabbing from yahoo for example?

booyakasha

Portal Pro
December 6, 2005
Canada
Home Country
Canada Canada
Tv Guide does not include Canada (I couldn't find it) :-(

There's a tvguide.ca that's hosted by Sympatico. Need your LiveID though. Also, there's listings at TV Times. Not sure how this helps for MP use though, as I don't see how to download any of the info. Looks like screen grabbing may be the only way :(
And I was just about to hook up my bunny ears to my tv...:)

Game_dude

Portal Pro
February 28, 2006
Indiana
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
This really sucks cause I can't ever get WebEPG to work always says no data avaliable :( is there another EPG plugin?

MSMP

Portal Pro
November 20, 2006
Okotoks, Alberta (foothills of the Rocky Mountains
Home Country
Canada Canada
Hi to all;

Wanted to share E-mail I got from zap2it:
I hope MP zap2it developer can work out something too.

August 8, 2007

Zap2it Labs received many emails inquiring if television listings could be provided on a paid for basis once the current service is discontinued. Today we are pleased to announce an agreement that will allow for many of you to continue to have access to your personal television listings data.

In collaboration with Schedules Direct, a non-profit organization created by founding members of MythTV and XMLTV, an agreement has been reached that will continue to support the open source and "freeware" communities. As of September 1, 2007, there WILL BE an alternative television listings source for certain Zap2it Labs users who become members of Schedules Direct, which includes a membership fee.

While Schedules Direct will continue to support the open source community and the users of "freeware", it will not support users of "commercial" products, such as DVRs, that were purchased from either a retail outlet or a company that used Zap2it Labs as its television listings source.

For those of you who lived by the original spirit and intent of Zap2it Labs and wish to continue to have access to listings, we encourage you to visit Schedules Direct at http://www.schedulesdirect.org to set up your personal Schedules Direct membership today!

Labs Admin.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom