Zap2it plugin support (1 Viewer)

crawdaddy

Portal Pro
July 24, 2006
Greetings and salutations to all,

I am happily running a MP 0.2 box with a Hauppauge PVR500-MCE card. Unfortunatley, I live in the US, and the only way I have been successful in getting EPG listings into MP is by the zap2it plugin. So, will I be able to integrate the plugin somehow into the TV-server or what? I'm all open to using some other form of EPG guide if it'll work for me, I just haven't had much in the line of sucess with any other method of EPG grabbing. So, I guess the question is, how can I get EPG data into MP using a TV-Server and multiple TV-Clients? Thanks to all in advance

Noelix

Portal Pro
February 18, 2006
Salt Lake City, UT
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
I'll offer some assistance in this area and clarify a few things for you.
For the Zap2It plugin for the new TV Server, please refer to this post here: https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/showpost.php?p=85350&postcount=227

Both myself and ASiDiE live in the US and got this to work.

It's a TV Server plugin, which was my first mistake as I just put it in the /MediaPortal/ folder instead of the TV Server plugins directory.

The plugin does work, but the problem is there is a bug in the TV Server right now (see https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/showthread.php?t=12723), which is that the TV Server does not save the frequencies from the channels it imports from the client software. As a result, we had to copy down the frequency from each channel and plug it into the tv server channel list manually. Only then will the zap2it tv server plugin work properly. I won't lie to you, it took some work to get it done, but it was worth it.

Let me know if you're following with me here or if you would like me to provide screenshots and whatnot to assist.

crawdaddy

Portal Pro
July 24, 2006
Today I tried to install TV-Server and the zap2it plugin that u linked to, and it's giving me some super-nasy error when I throw the plugin in the plugin folder of the server. Needles to say, after I get past the error, I don't see the plugin in the TV-Server app. any idea what I'm doing wrong?

EDIT: I have taken a screenshot of the error to help you figure out what's going on...
http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a325/crawdaddy444/mperror2.jpg

ASiDiE

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 14, 2005
    USA
    The only thing I can think of.. is you are putting it in the wrong directory. If you have a standard install, it should be put under here: C:\Program Files\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal TV Server\Plugins and the file name should be zap2itplugin-tvserver.dll.

You can also take a look at THIS thread on how to do it using xmltv. Everything is laid right out for you. I actually use xmltv more than I do the plugin... becuase for simple tests, it seems a bit faster to set up.

garry

Portal Pro
    December 11, 2005
    California
    Home Country
    The link to another post doesn't seem to have a download for zap2itplugin-tvserver.dll. Am I missing something? Thanks.

patrick

Portal Pro
    April 20, 2005
    Southeast
    Home Country
    The link to another post doesn't seem to have a download for zap2itplugin-tvserver.dll. Am I missing something? Thanks.

the post was here: https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/showpost.php?p=90047&postcount=249

I took the plugin down because the TVServer was(is?) not saving the
    frequencies in the database, and the frequency is used
    in the plugin matching/mapping for non-digital channels logic.
    So rather than leave it up and causing confusion over why it does not
    work I took it down.

I am hoping that in the future the server will start saving the frequency in
    the database and I can re-release it.

HTH,
    patrick

crawdaddy

Portal Pro
    July 24, 2006
    if you follow asidie's last post, the link will bring you to a super-simple xmltv setup that uses zap2it's servers, so it all works nice. And, it does not have the same frequency problem that is experienced because of the bug in TV server.

gdirwin

Portal Member
    March 31, 2005
    Is it possible to add this plugin directly into the MP release via SVN? Perhaps the authors can get the ball rolling...

This plugin is essential for anyone in the US or Canada!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom