Zoom Mode 16:9 (1 Viewer)

DalaLama

Portal Member
May 2, 2006
First. I love the medieportal ! great work :)

But I’m missing a zoom mode in the list, I have some movies in the format 720x300 and when I watch them on my 16:9 lcd tv (1920x1080), the picture become squashed like the red square in the attached picture, in VLC player & GOM player there is an option called 16:9 that stretches the picture so it looks like the blue box in the attached picture. This is the zoom option I’m missing in the media portal.

I don’t understand all these zoom modes, when I try to understand them, the format 720x300 should look like the blue box, but it does not :-( but I think this is a common issue when VLC and GOM has an 16:9 option.

Thank again for the great work your are doing

Paranoid Delusion

Moderation Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 13, 2005
    Cheshire
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    hmm...isn't it the "stretch mode" you are asking for?

Agreed :)

Which codec are you using for playing file, if ffdshow, make sure keep aspect ratio is not a chosen option, as this stops the selection of different ratios.

DalaLama

Portal Member
    May 2, 2006
    it is not stretch mode

The stretch mode fill out the hole screen, the "16:9" still have a black box in top and bottom, so it is show in correct format. :) It is more like 14:9 but without the clipping.

but thank for the answer.

DalaLama

Portal Member
    May 2, 2006
    Paranoid Delusion your are god !

You hit the head on the nail Paranoid Delusion :)

I looked into the ffdshow aspect ratio and the option was set to "keep orginal aspect ratio" i then changed it to "no aspect ratio correction" and the problem was gone!

For any one else with this problem i have added a screenshot off where to find the "keep orginal aspect ratio" option.

Thank again for the great work.!!!!!!!

Attachments

• ffdshowsetting.JPG
      ffdshowsetting.JPG
      68.7 KB

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom