Zoom / Stretch modes? (1 Viewer)

Hojou

Portal Pro
January 10, 2007
Home Country
Denmark Denmark
I recently upgraded my MP 0.2.2.0 to TVServer+MP 0.2.3.0 and i love the include of subtitles on DVB-T :)

I got a new problem though - perhaps it's just a setting somewhere i forgot to set, but in the 'old' 0.2.2.0 days i could always get the right aspect ratio on both TV and DVD's / DivX's by changing the stretch modes (blue button the the MCE remote).

Now whenever i cycle through the modes i often can't find the right aspect ratio without the picture getting a nasty cropping. I really does look like MP thinks i got a normal 4:3 display and not a 16:9 tv... It as if i forgot some setting somewhere telling MP it' a widescreen display - i picked the default skin in widescreen format, but am i supposed to change it somewhere else as well?

Normally the mode 'Stretch' would display most DivX movies correct now it doesn't make the picture tall enough. Can anybody help me out here please :confused:

Hojou

Portal Pro
January 10, 2007
Home Country
Denmark Denmark
Noone knows of this problem? I can't help wonder what happened - back in MP 0.2.2.0 and when i ran MP 0.2.3.0 without TVEngine (just for movie playback since the tv-tuner didn't work) all the modes seemed right.

Now all the modes seem like MP is not understanding i have a widescreen tv running resolution of 1024x768 (yes i know that's not a widescreen resolution but it's the only one it can run and it used to work in 0.2.2.0)... anyways all the modes 3:4, zoom, stretch, etc. seem wrong - some worse than others though - some of them always made the picture look scretched - now it just makes them even more stretched like if MP thought i was having a normal 4:3 tv - i did pick the skin 'Blue wide' but it doesn't seem to do it anymore?

tourettes

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 7, 2005
    Have you used the pixel ration correction? Inside MP : Settings -> Screen set-up -> Screen calibration Make sure that the square is square.

Hojou

Portal Pro
    January 10, 2007
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    Simple! And thanks - that's it - i forgot that's what i did last time :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom