4TheRecord Skin - Who owns development/bugs? (1 Viewer)

trevor

Portal Pro
October 17, 2006
Chelmsford
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
It worked great, thanks! What issues are you having with the 12 row? Love to see this get in the regular SMP distro again.

When I add the button the 11th and 12th line text wrap to lines 1 & 2 along with some other odd stuff. Tried increasing the number of lines on the Blue3Wide version and the same happens...need to investigate..

Cheers

ixian

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 14, 2007
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    Hey Trevor,

I found a bug - when you click on a program in the future to bring up the screen where you can choose to record it, etc, the space to the right where those options would normally be is blank. The 4TR Blue3Wide skin shows it. Do you know which xml file that is?

When you click a currently showing program you get the fly out menu with those options, it's only future programs that are broken. I can't seem to find the xml that screen is part of.

Edit: Looks like it's ProgramInfo.xml. I can't spot what's wrong but when that screen comes up it shows the info of the program on the left, like it should, but on the right where there should be options for recording (record, priority, etc) it's blank. Any pointers greatly appreciated.

trevor

Portal Pro
    October 17, 2006
    Chelmsford
    Home Country
    Hey Trevor,

I found a bug - when you click on a program in the future to bring up the screen where you can choose to record it, etc, the space to the right where those options would normally be is blank. The 4TR Blue3Wide skin shows it. Do you know which xml file that is?

When you click a currently showing program you get the fly out menu with those options, it's only future programs that are broken. I can't seem to find the xml that screen is part of.

Edit: Looks like it's ProgramInfo.xml. I can't spot what's wrong but when that screen comes up it shows the info of the program on the left, like it should, but on the right where there should be options for recording (record, priority, etc) it's blank. Any pointers greatly appreciated.

Hit the Right button and the options menu will slide out...must admit don't like that much...may fix the options on the page.

Cheers

ixian

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 14, 2007
    Home Country
    Wow, that is not..... intuitive :) My wife is never gonna go for that - if you could change it or tell me how I'd be very grateful!

ixian

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 14, 2007
    Home Country
    Thanks for the quick response :)

Nice, quick hack - one thing, the options below "record" (i.e. priority, etc) if you try to use the remote to move down to them, the highlight disappears and you have to back out of the menu to correct things - you can't select any of the options.

The basic function, record, works though so it's good enough for what I was trying to do for the moment :)

trevor

Portal Pro
    October 17, 2006
    Chelmsford
    Home Country
    Thanks for the quick response :)

Nice, quick hack - one thing, the options below "record" (i.e. priority, etc) if you try to use the remote to move down to them, the highlight disappears and you have to back out of the menu to correct things - you can't select any of the options.

The basic function, record, works though so it's good enough for what I was trying to do for the moment :)

Yep..was a quick hack - things are complicated a bit because that xml is used for two differnet funtions, to confirm schedualing of a recording and to view the details or upcoming programs, you might not have noticed yet but that got broken, it needs the slide out menu - blue3wide gets round it by having a fix menu position.

Going to put some time aside tomorow to have a good look at the 4tr files...in the meantime attached is a version that fixes the menu issue...beware hitting right or left will lose the focus, hitting right again will restore the focus.

Cheers

Attachments

• 4TR_ProgramInfo.xml
      30.6 KB

ixian

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 14, 2007
    Home Country
    Thanks for all the support Trevor, much appreciated by the 4TR community believe me :)

wishywashy

Portal Pro
    January 31, 2005
    Hill AFB, UT
    Home Country
    Quick issue:
    I'm useing the 1.1 beat and FTR 1.4.0.1. I placed the new skin files in, but I only have text on the CHANNELS and TV ON buttons. How do I fix this?

ixian

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 14, 2007
    Home Country
    You forgot to move the 4tr language files to the right location. It's in Program Data\language now, where the new skin directory location is.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom