Actors artwork not showing on details page (1 Viewer)

Guzzi

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 20, 2007
    Hi Guzzi,
    you are right, that's exactly what's happening: I manually rearranged person names in one movie using commas as separators and now it works. Unfortunately, I cannot figure out how I could automatize this process for 1254 movies :(
    Anyway, I do not understand why is AMC importing actors data this way: they show up as a column after importing film details, and this has always been so. I guess it could depend on the script used (filmaffinity.es) but I'm not sure.
    Yes, this as depending on the grabber script - other scripts grab the data and use comma separators.
    So what you need to do is either change the person fields to use comma separated values - or use the line break as separator.
    Both might be a problem, as "new line" and "line feed" are somehow special characters:
    LF (Line feed, '\n', 0x0A, 10 in decimal) or CR (Carriage return, '\r', 0x0D, 13 in decimal) individually, or CR followed by LF (CR+LF, '\r\n', 0x0D0A).
    You could try to use e.g. '\n' in the list separators setup and give it a try (maybe add all three of them for a test).
    If it doesn't work, it'll probably require a change in MyFilms code to support that...

Last edited:

tano_grasa

Portal Pro
    December 31, 2011
    Thank you for the hint. Unfortunately, setting line breaks as list separators does not work. Besides, a few movies where added to my database with older AMC script versions (the script I use is updated one or two times each year), so they use different separators; some of them even use commas as separators and yet their actors images do not display in MyFims. They do if I manually delete "old commas" and put "new commas" instead. Very strange, isn't it? Anyway, I guess I'll have to manually rearrange the actors section of all my movies in AMC, unless I find a way to automatize this process.

Last edited:

Guzzi

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 20, 2007
    Most probably, there is some invalid characters in those fields. If you want, you can post or send me your DB, so I can have a look into it what exactly it is - point me to some example movies in that case.
    If you have IMDB field populated, you could just do an update run with AMCU and only update the persons fields with new data, replacing the old.

tano_grasa

Portal Pro
    December 31, 2011
    Hi Guzzi,

thank you very much for your help. Attached please find my DB. "Ecce Bombo" is an example of a file with "bad commas".

Attachments

• Film.xml
      2.5 MB

tano_grasa

Portal Pro
    December 31, 2011
    I found out that the script I'm using (filmaffinity.es) has an option to choose between two ways of displaying the actors' list: as a column or as comma separated values. I switched to the latter and now I'm generating new actors' lists. This process is not fully automated but it's better than nothing. I think we can consider this issue as solved. Many thanks for your help.

Dadeo

Docs Group Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 26, 2006
    Himalayas, India
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    I found out that the script I'm using (filmaffinity.es) has an option to choose between two ways of displaying the actors' list: as a column or as comma separated values. I switched to the latter and now I'm generating new actors' lists. This process is not fully automated but it's better than nothing. I think we can consider this issue as solved. Many thanks for your help.
    I assume you know you can use AMCU > Update movies > Update Records to globally update just the actors field in all records? Make sure to select only the Actors field on the Database fields tab. You may also wish to select "Only update with non-empty data" to make sure you don't wipe out any actors that might not be on filmaffinity anymore. To speed up the update, you could select only records where Actors exist, but they probably do for most records, or you may want to add them if missing anyways ;).

tano_grasa

Portal Pro
    December 31, 2011
    Hi Dadeo,

I guess I should first populate the IMDB field in order to use AMCU. I think in my present situation it isn't worth to update the IMDB field and then use AMCU. I can directly update the actors' field.
    By the way, I think it could be a useful hint for everyone moving his/her first steps with MyFilms and an AMC catalog to know that, whenever possible, actors' data should be grabbed as comma separated values. Some AMC scripts allow to change the way data are displayed on selected fields.

Guzzi

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 20, 2007
    Added issue 350 to tracker - as we support "new line" in the grabber engine, we should support it in the plugin too.
    To use it, you need to use '#LF#' as list separator in the setup (same as in grabber interface).
    If you'd like to test, attached a fixed version based on 6.0.3. Please "verify" the issue on google code, if it works for you.
    Thanks.

Attachments

• MyFilms-SupportForLfSeparator.zip
      910.7 KB

Dadeo

Docs Group Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 26, 2006
    Himalayas, India
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    I guess I should first populate the IMDB field in order to use AMCU.
    It can help if you use the IMDB grabber but is not essential. AMCU will match based on Title, year, etc.. But I thought you were using film affinity? Where did you want to grab the actors from?

From what you are saying it sounds like you are using AMC grabbers not MyFilms grabbers? However MyFilms includes Affinity-ES.xml which is what I assumed you would want to use to update the actors.

However, as Guzzi has already added a fix for using 'new line' as a separator, maybe the whole point is moot? :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom