[TV] Add timeshift buffer to a recording (1 Viewer)

RicoHTPC

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 4, 2011
    Cuxhaven
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I checked that yesterday and was suprised to see that this option is actually there.
    Unfortunately the feature did not work as it should, no difference to the behaviour before.
    I was wondering how this would work when you change the options inside the mp config anyway.
    I mean all settings for recording and timeshifting are in mp tv server config so I would have expected
    such options rather there than in mp config.

Had anyone else more success?

RicoHTPC

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 4, 2011
    Cuxhaven
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Actually the idea was not about a manual recording but to add the respective timeshift files
    when a recordfing of a specific program had been started after the beginning.
    Is that technically possible?

doveman

Portal Pro
    February 12, 2008
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Actually the idea was not about a manual recording but to add the respective timeshift files
    when a recordfing of a specific program had been started after the beginning.
    Is that technically possible?

Not sure what you mean.

A scheduled recording has pre and post buffers which can be set to a certain number of minutes to record before/after the programme's scheduled time.

I can only imagine a recording of a programme starting after the beginning if it is started manually by the user and in that situation this option seems to work to record the timeshift buffer as well (and timeshift files will only be present if the user is watching TV and manually starts a recording anyway).

infinite.loop

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 26, 2004
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    The experimental feature to add the TS buffer to a recording that is started later does not work anymore.
    But we have not abandoned this idea. Since quite some time one of our team members is working on enhancing the TV-Server. Yet this will not be ready for testing anytime soon.

Just want to let you know that this is still on our radar. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom