• November 12, 2007
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    Hi,

I would like to present you ADDON-V3 :)
    Mantis related : -->> here <<--

This is the list of ADDON In it :
    • Possibility to enable/disable native bluray (when disable, it will use LAV Splitter and we can have BDHandler to manage selection list. <<-- Already in master
    • Fix Resume on Title mode (actually MP think it's a DVDPlayer and try to resume using DVDPlayer code)
    • When BD is remuxed, didn't ask to have the menu and play directly the movie.
    • Add possibility to set a Post-Processing filter / bdplayerAR (Ratio / Zoom etc.)
    • Add Audio channel count on OSD Info (Context Audio menu like 5.1 / 2.0 etc.) Removed for now.
    2012.12.29 : Update Bin ADDON_V3_004.zip based on 1.3.0Beta.
    • Set by default Internal Blu-ray player (on fresh/upgrade when no setting exist).
    • Update "Use Internal Blu-ray" option in GUISetting and on skin files (Default/DefaultWide/Titan).
    2012.12.30 : Update Bin ADDON_V3_005.zip based on 1.3.0Beta.
    • Add resume for Blu-ray by title. (each title from internal bluray can have a resume point)
    2012.12.31 : Upload Bin ADDON_V3_006.zip and new installer MediaPortalSetup_1.2.200_2012-12-31-17-09.rar
    • Try to handle correctly 'Internal-ON' vs 'Internal-OFF' on resumetime.
    2013.02.06 : Upload Bin ADDON_V3_007.zip and new installer MediaPortalSetup_1.2.300_2013-02-06-19-10.rar based on 1.3.0RC

2013.03.02 : Upload Bin ADDON_V3_008.zip
    • Fix Refresh rate when using LAV Splitter. (in this mode, it's a movie codec section that take in account)
    2013.03.02 : Upload Bin ADDON_V3_009.zip and MediaPortalSetup_1.3.0_2013-03-02-13-03.rar
    • Fix Resume on MyVideo DB view (title etc.) for Internal BD Player
    • Fix Cancel resume dialog on DB View (for remuxed BD) for Internal BD Player.
    2013.03.11 : Build installer MediaPortalSetup_1.3.0_2013-03-13-07-04.rar and only bin ADDON_V3_010.zip
    • Rework Bluray Resume dialog (Only title mode).
    • Resume dialog will be prompted to resume latest title Bluray.
    • If we cancel this window, Menu / Title selection will appear.
    • How it works :
    • MovPic / MyVideo :
    • Play -> if ask :
    • Yes -> resume the movie (from latest correct title).
    • No -> Show up Dialog selection.
    2013.04.15 : Update branch to current MASTER Code, will update installer link soon :p
    • Link to installer updated on top of this topic :)

Attachments

• Bluray_Aspect_Ratio.jpg
      Bluray_Aspect_Ratio.jpg
      148.3 KB
    • Bluray_Audio_Channel_Count.jpg
      Bluray_Audio_Channel_Count.jpg
      143.9 KB
    • Bluray_Context_Menu.jpg
      Bluray_Context_Menu.jpg
      150.2 KB
    • Bluray_Enable_Disable.jpg
      Bluray_Enable_Disable.jpg
      90.6 KB
    • Bluray_Post_Processing.jpg
      Bluray_Post_Processing.jpg
      110.7 KB
    • Bluray_PostProcessing.jpg
      Bluray_PostProcessing.jpg
      146 KB
    • Bluray_Video_Zoom.jpg
      Bluray_Video_Zoom.jpg
      71 KB
    Last edited:

SciDoctor

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 2, 2005
    England
    Works without major issues and can confirm connects to correct graphs for each.BD MP SPLITTER.JPGBD LAV SPLITTER.JPG

Some feedback.

You are selling your excellent work short by not having the MP BD reader on as default, it does give the better BD experience, titles and extras selection.

You need to contact the coder who has done the internal GUI settings to add the two choices to BLURAY so that the user can switch if possible from within the GUI.

The 'resume' works well with both but the MP BD reader is a little illogical as you choose to start at the saved timestamp only to be given the three more choices , you have to choose the second one. Is it not possible to reverse their order so the 'resume' choice is only given once you have chosen the direct to stream second choice.

Always first window selection Should always be first choice.JPG then you should get Should be second window.JPG More logical with MP BD !

The only downside with the MP BD playback is in the poor chapter jump (forward and backward one chapter)which shows corruption of playback for a second or two whereas the LAV is spot on without corruption. Both are fine with skips though.

Last edited:

Sebastiii

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    France
    Home Country
    France France

Yep about resume, libbluray didn't support it and so work only for title, i have try to invert the logic but didn't succeed (i'm running it for a while on my internal build) i will retry to find a way but last time was with no luck lol.

About Chapter skip, it's related to buffer and a mantis is there to do not forget to make it better.

About Gui settings, yeah this need to be added.

Sebastiii

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    You are selling your excellent work short by not having the MP BD reader on as default, it does give the better BD experience, titles and extras selection.

I'm not 100% sure to understand, you mean that when you have tested, the option "use internal blu-ray....." was not checked by default ?
    I just look the code, it should be on clean installation.

SciDoctor

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 2, 2005
    England

I'm not 100% sure to understand, you mean that when you have tested, the option "use internal blu-ray....." was not checked by default ?
    I just look the code, it should be on clean installation.

Yes that is what I meant. When I first ran mp config after copying in the required files "use internal blu-ray....." was not checked by default.

Yep about resume, libbluray didn't support it and so work only for title, i have try to invert the logic but didn't succeed (i'm running it for a while on my internal build) i will retry to find a way but last time was with no luck lol.

About Chapter skip, it's related to buffer and a mantis is there to do not forget to make it better.

About Gui settings, yeah this need to be added.

I think You have answered my next question I believe.

The 'resume time' isn't associated to the 'Title #' that was playing last and always defaults to the whatever title you choose on next playback .

So if your last session was 15mins on Title#0 and you restart palyback and choose Title #6 it will try to start palyback of Title #6 at 15mins. If possible 'resume' should be locked to the Title# if that makes sense.

Last edited:

Sebastiii

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    Yep about 'resume time' :)
    That why this option was not added in current code.
    User need to know what title he started last time.

I have try to catch title/lenght time to parse it and store in videodb but was to complex for me.

About default option, it should be checked by default, i will look into this :) thanks.

Sebastiii

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    Hi,

I have tested on my side (Master vs this Branch) and i didn't get slow start.
    Code:
    2012-12-29 10:10:52.716746 [Debug][MPMain(1)]: Filter: DVD Navigator - try to connect: Video
    2012-12-29 10:10:52.828769 [Debug][MPMain(1)]: PlaneScene: PresentImage() dispose surfaces
    2012-12-29 10:10:52.832770 [Debug][MPMain(1)]: Filter: DVD Navigator - try to connect: AC3
    2012-12-29 10:10:52.844773 [Debug][MPMain(1)]: Filter: DVD Navigator - try to connect: SubPicture
    2012-12-29 10:10:52.853775 [Info.][MPMain(1)]: Dvdplayer9:Graph created
    2012-12-29 10:10:52.855775 [Info.][MPMain(1)]: SetDefaultLanguages
    2012-12-29 10:10:52.858776 [Info.][MPMain(1)]: DVDPlayer:Set default language:French 1036 Success.
    2012-12-29 10:10:52.860776 [Info.][MPMain(1)]: DVDPlayer:Set default menu language:French 1036 Success.
    2012-12-29 10:10:52.863777 [Info.][MPMain(1)]: DVDPlayer:Set default subtitle language:French 1036 Success.
    2012-12-29 10:10:53.405889 [Info.][MPMain(1)]: DVDPlayer:Started playing()
    2012-12-29 10:10:53.409891 [Info.][MPMain(1)]: g_Player.OnStarted() Z:\-=- DVD -=-\A Cinderella Story\VIDEO_TS\VIDEO_TS.IFO media:Video
    In last 2 lines, we can see that here it start quickly.

Can you try on 1.3.0Beta too ?

About default 'internal blu-ray....' option, it's fixed in branch, effectively, i have set 'false' by default -> not good, thanks for spotting it :)

SciDoctor

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 2, 2005
    England
    I reverted all files to standard 1.3b and the dvd resume is instant ONLY on the very FIRST use of DVD after MP start (MP.log and evr.log) BUT on subsequent repeated stop/resume/play the delay is present again but not as long and remains so unless I restart MP.

So it looks like this delay (bug!) is NOT connected to your files. It is not a deal breaker but just very obvious as the BD start is so quick even on resume so I hadn't realy noticed before.

The two additional logs MP1 and MP2 show errors (with your files) more clearly which indicate some delay with the video aspect (20-30s) the interesting part is the '[Info.][(9)]: planescene:presentImage() fram' which repeats for a long time. I tried with different video codecs to see if LAV was the problem but it was the same either codec.

tourettes

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 7, 2005
    the interesting part is the '[Info.][(9)]: planescene:presentImage() fram' which repeats for a long time. I tried with different video codecs to see if LAV was the problem but it was the same either codec.

That basicly is telling that there is no video frames to render - not an issue itself, but a result of something else causing the delay.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom