Aeon Menu Generator (2 Viewers)

joz

Portal Pro
March 17, 2008
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
Can I make a suggestion regarding the menu editor?

I know XML and can do it myself, so it's no biggie. What I want (and already achieved, solution posted here) is to be able to join two folders.
The one for MP-TVSeries (in docs and settings) and the one for the tv backdrops. Could there be made some kind of "browse folder" for the backdrops instead of static variables?

Btw if you know if there's a way to have absolute paths here (instead of the crazy relative ones :)) please tell me how

Sambal

Portal Pro
February 4, 2008
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
Can I make a suggestion regarding the menu editor?

I know XML and can do it myself, so it's no biggie. What I want (and already achieved, solution posted here) is to be able to join two folders.
The one for MP-TVSeries (in docs and settings) and the one for the tv backdrops. Could there be made some kind of "browse folder" for the backdrops instead of static variables?

Btw if you know if there's a way to have absolute paths here (instead of the crazy relative ones :)) please tell me how

I'll note it as a feature request.

You can use the current menugenerator to achieve the result you're after. You don't have to edit the xml just enter the relative path in the 'Folder' field. music or movies are also relative paths to the animation folder.

Using a absolute path doesn't work because MP prepends the skin/Media/Animations folder.

Yossarian_nz

Portal Member
October 13, 2008
Home Country
New Zealand New Zealand
Hi everyone,

Quick question: using what I assume is the latest Aeon menu generator, I only have an option at the bottom of the editor for Sambal's RSS ticker, not JakeyMouses'. I have installed and configured both, and ticked the one option available to me (Sambal's RSS).

On loading MP, I get a working RSS feed; but in the top left corner I get "#weatherimg #temp #location" where I assume the weather data is supposed to be.

Two issues:

1) The RSS feed is kind of jerky - not smooth scrolling at all.
2) Any thoughts about the weather situation?

Many thanks to the creators of this awesome skin and editor, and many thanks to anyone with any ideas!

Yossarian_nz

Portal Member
October 13, 2008
Home Country
New Zealand New Zealand
Sure have. The actual weather page loads fine (although the current image is always rain with lightning, but that's another story...or not?) Anyway, the data for the five day forecast seems to work fine.

crazyfool

Portal Pro
October 8, 2008
hey people... listen i'm kinda feeling like an idiot here because i have the aeon skin which i love but i want to add a link on the home menu for blu ray which will launch the hdstarter plugin and i want to add a link moving picture on the home menu... I have the menu generator tool but being a noob i have no idea what i need to do to do this...

jburnette

Portal Pro
August 24, 2006
Kentucky
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
hey people... listen i'm kinda feeling like an idiot here because i have the aeon skin which i love but i want to add a link on the home menu for blu ray which will launch the hdstarter plugin and i want to add a link moving picture on the home menu... I have the menu generator tool but being a noob i have no idea what i need to do to do this...

I'm not really familiar with the bluray thing, but what you need to do is figure out what the name of the skin file it uses is. Are you having problems generating a menu altogether, or is it just adding this particular plugin to a menu you've generated?

crazyfool

Portal Pro
October 8, 2008
I'm not really familiar with the bluray thing, but what you need to do is figure out what the name of the skin file it uses is. Are you having problems generating a menu altogether, or is it just adding this particular plugin to a menu you've generated?
I'm having problems generating altogether... i just dont understand what i'm supposed to do :(

Darre

Portal Pro
April 21, 2007
Home Country
Norway Norway
1 launch menu generator
2 browse too your aeon folder within the program (file-browse)
3 You select the .xml you need from the list on the left.
4 Select what folder it should get backgrounds from (in explorer go to mediaportal\skins\aeon wide\media\animations). You can see the folder names there. For videos you would probably want the folder called "movies". You can create your own folders within the animations folder if you want/need.
5 Call the menu item something, theres a box where you put the name for the menu element. If you add moving pictures you would probably want to name it MOVIES.
6 If you want weather/rss tick the boxes on the bottom. You will need Sambals RSS-ticker plugin.
7 when you are done adding all the things you need press generate and select basichome.

A list over what xml is what excists in the FAQ Thread in this subforum. I'm pretty sure theres a readme for the menu generator somewhere as well, but I think I got the most of it covered here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom