AMCUpdater v0.7.1 Now Available (1 Viewer)

mcbelly

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 29, 2006
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Using the latest scripts helped.

Merci beaucoup !

Justchill

Portal Pro
    February 25, 2008
    Brugge
    Home Country
    Belgium Belgium
    Hi Orion Hall,

can I give you some advice?
    Documentation is, as always 'coming soon' - don't know when though

First write some documentation, than release your software, it saves people from searching alot in these threads..

Ok, I want to fill my xml database, but I do _not_ want to use any script to fill the fields (because it's slow, goes faster in ant); so, actually I want the old functionality. How can i do that??

best wishes

z3us

Portal Pro
    December 4, 2007
    Home Country
    Spain Spain
    First write some documentation, than release your software, it saves people from searching alot in these threads..
    You have an alternative: download the software only when the documentation is available

Ok, I want to fill my xml database, but I do _not_ want to use any script to fill the fields (because it's slow, goes faster in ant); so, actually I want the old functionality. How can i do that??

best wishes
    Go to "database fields" tab and check only the media fields

Justchill

Portal Pro
    February 25, 2008
    Brugge
    Home Country
    Belgium Belgium
    There still is the 2 CD problem:

The source field is:

\\Htpc\VIDS\SD Films\Hitler The Rise Of Evil (2003)\Hitler - The Rise Of Evil - cd1.avi;\\Htpc\VIDS\SD Films\Hitler The Rise Of Evil (2003)\Hitler - The Rise Of Evil - cd2.avi

MyFilms plugin cannot read this. It will not find movie files with other words.
    Is there a way to only put 1 file-path in this field (not manually)

bwg

Portal Pro
    December 25, 2007
    Home Country
    There still is the 2 CD problem:

The source field is:

\\Htpc\VIDS\SD Films\Hitler The Rise Of Evil (2003)\Hitler - The Rise Of Evil - cd1.avi;\\Htpc\VIDS\SD Films\Hitler The Rise Of Evil (2003)\Hitler - The Rise Of Evil - cd2.avi

MyFilms plugin cannot read this. It will not find movie files with other words.
    Is there a way to only put 1 file-path in this field (not manually)

The 2cd problem is nothing to do with AMCUpdater, it's a bug in the current version of the MyFilms plugin. You have a couple of options;
    1) Use a previous version of MyFilms
    2) Use 2 fields (eg. I am using both the URL and SOURCE fields to store file/path info). Point AMCUpdater to the field where you store all files (as in your example above), then store the FIRST file ONLY in the other field, and point MyFilms to that field for launching movies. I used a script to copy the 1st field's contents to the 2nd field, then created another script that searches for a ";" in the 2nd field and removes everything from that character onwards.

Justchill

Portal Pro
    February 25, 2008
    Brugge
    Home Country
    Belgium Belgium
    Point AMCUpdater to the field where you store all files (as in your example above), then store the FIRST file ONLY in the other field, and point MyFilms to that field for launching movies. I used a script to copy the 1st field's contents to the 2nd field, then created another script that searches for a ";" in the 2nd field and removes everything from that character onwards.

Hi,

I understand that this is the workaround. Can you post that script here?

regards

bwg

Portal Pro
    December 25, 2007
    Home Country
    Here you go Justchill... hope it is all clear enough. I ended up merging the functions into the one script, so you choose a source field, then a destination field (I use the URL and SOURCE fields) and it copies the path/filename string before the first ";" into the destination field. If there is no ";" it will just copy the whole string into the destination field.

View attachment 23608

Then you'll just have to configure MyFilms plugin to use the new field for launching files. :)

Justchill

Portal Pro
    February 25, 2008
    Brugge
    Home Country
    Belgium Belgium
    Here you go Justchill... hope it is all clear enough. I ended up merging the functions into the one script, so you choose a source field, then a destination field (I use the URL and SOURCE fields) and it copies the path/filename string before the first ";" into the destination field. If there is no ";" it will just copy the whole string into the destination field.

View attachment 23608

Then you'll just have to configure MyFilms plugin to use the new field for launching files. :)

Nice! I'll try it when I get back from the beach later on.
    It is an ifs-file, can you import that into AMC then ?

ps: what kind of scripting language is that? Not really recognise it..

bwg

Portal Pro
    December 25, 2007
    Home Country
    It is an ifs-file, can you import that into AMC then ?
    Yes, just copy it to the scripts folder in your AMC install folder. You will then see it listed when you open the scripting window from the tools menu (SHIFT + F6).

ps: what kind of scripting language is that? Not really recognise it..
    It's some sort of Pascal based language, you can get some minimal comments from the AMC website. I don't know the langauge either, just blundered my way through from observing some of the existing scripts. ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom