AMCUpdater v0.7 Beta Release (1 Viewer)

OrionHall

Portal Pro
September 13, 2007
London
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
Just wondering - is there any way to perform path\file updates for an existing title in the database?

Eg. I have a file \\server\share\filename.avi with the the full path&filename stored in AMC. I then move the file to \\server\share2\filename.avi (filename.avi remains the same, only the share changes). Could I then perform an automatic update and update the path&filename for the existing entry in AMC?

At the moment when I use the interactive part of AMCUpdater, it will add a new entry with the new path&filename. This is not desirable, as I don't want to have to perform new internet look-ups if I move a large group of files. It would be nice if there was some way of using the existing titles and data already in the database. Can anyone think of a alternative or trick to make this work?

Ben

EDIT: Just had a thought - if I change all my existing entries so that files are stored with name only (no path) and add multiple paths to search in the MyFilms plugin configuration, this should work, yes? Is anyone already doing this?

Hi there,

This is another one of those 'I thought it already did that' moments! One of the new features in this version is the ability to recognise when a file has been relocated and update the file path without doing anything else. Basically, for each file in the scanned folder it will check to see if that file is referenced in the XML file (swapping the path for the override path if given). If it can't find an entry for that file it will then scan the XML file for just the filename to see if it has been moved. Only then if it can't find a match should it consider it a 'new' file and import it as a new entry in the Ant database file.

I just did a very simple test of this - I scanned c:\movies which contains one file and let it load that into a blank Ant file. Then I moved the file to c:\movies2\ and ran it again. It correctly found that the file had moved and updated the record in the ant file.

So please give it another go and get back to us! If it's not behaving as I described then please post logs so we can look into it.

Cheers,

OrionHall.

p.s. And yes - if you store files without the path, and configure MyFilms so it knows all the possible movie folders, then that should work too. Check the 'Discard path data' box in AMCUpdater to stop it storing the full path in the database.

z3us

Portal Pro
December 4, 2007
Home Country
Spain Spain
Hi.
Im getting a "missing file" error window that says:
"Error: The parser configuration file: "

Any help?
TY

Fixed

bwg

Portal Pro
December 25, 2007
Home Country
Hi there,

This is another one of those 'I thought it already did that' moments! One of the new features in this version is the ability to recognise when a file has been relocated and update the file path without doing anything else. Basically, for each file in the scanned folder it will check to see if that file is referenced in the XML file (swapping the path for the override path if given). If it can't find an entry for that file it will then scan the XML file for just the filename to see if it has been moved. Only then if it can't find a match should it consider it a 'new' file and import it as a new entry in the Ant database file.

I just did a very simple test of this - I scanned c:\movies which contains one file and let it load that into a blank Ant file. Then I moved the file to c:\movies2\ and ran it again. It correctly found that the file had moved and updated the record in the ant file.

So please give it another go and get back to us! If it's not behaving as I described then please post logs so we can look into it.

Cheers,

OrionHall.

p.s. And yes - if you store files without the path, and configure MyFilms so it knows all the possible movie folders, then that should work too. Check the 'Discard path data' box in AMCUpdater to stop it storing the full path in the database.

AHA! I figured out what was wrong - when testing this originally I moved a file into a sub-folder of it's original location. It appears that the update function does not like sub-folders. I just tested this as you pointed out above, moving the file to an entirely new location, and it worked like a charm! Thanks OrionHall.

Ben

z3us

Portal Pro
December 4, 2007
Home Country
Spain Spain
hi.
I have a problem.I marked "date" to be imported but it doesnt work.
Anyone more with this problem?

OrionHall

Portal Pro
September 13, 2007
London
Home Country
hi.
I have a problem.I marked "date" to be imported but it doesnt work.
Anyone more with this problem?

Hi z3us,

Yup - looks like a bug in that version. Now fixed in the current code - I'll hopefully have a release out soon.

Cheers,

OrionHall.

bwg

Portal Pro
December 25, 2007
Home Country
AHA! I figured out what was wrong - when testing this originally I moved a file into a sub-folder of it's original location. It appears that the update function does not like sub-folders. I just tested this as you pointed out above, moving the file to an entirely new location, and it worked like a charm! Thanks OrionHall.

Ben

Just to add to this, Orionhall; I have noticed that if I specify a parent folder in the paths to look for files, then the file does not appear to be picked up for updating, but rather as a new file.
EG. I have filename.avi in a folder \\server\movies\movies\U-Z\ and move it to \\server\movies\documentary\
When I specify the folders to look in as \\server\movies\movies & \\server\movies\documentary\ the filename.avi is picked up as a new title. However, when I specify them as \\server\movies\movies\U-Z\ & \\server\movies\documentary\, filename.avi is picked up as an update.

Not a big deal, and it's easy to work around, but I just thought I'd pass it on to you anyway.

Thanks again, I'm loving your little tool! It's great for manual updating fields as well!

Ben

OrionHall

Portal Pro
September 13, 2007
London
Home Country
bwg;281399Just to add to this said:
U-Z\[/I] & \\server\movies\documentary\, filename.avi is picked up as an update.

Not a big deal, and it's easy to work around, but I just thought I'd pass it on to you anyway.

Thanks again, I'm loving your little tool! It's great for manual updating fields as well!

Ben

Thanks for the details. I tested and got the same results as you when moving files. I've changed the logic used to detect files which have moved and hopefully this will work for everyone.

All the recent bugs should be resolved in the new 0.7.1 release - details are in this post...

https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/my-films-164/amcupdater-v0-7-1-now-available-42014/

Cheers,

OrionHall.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom