AMCUpdater v0.7 Beta Release (1 Viewer)

bwg

Portal Pro
December 25, 2007
Home Country
added to the TODO list...
Thanks for that. I hope I don't sound pushy...It's great to have the functionality of the auto look-up's, but unfortunately I do not have internet routed to my HTPC, therefore all my database updating will happen manually on another pc.

To give you background, I am just starting out setting up MP, AMC and MyFilms, and am looking for the easiest way to import large numbers of avi's, including titles with 2 or more files. Your application seems the best way of doing this. However, with a folder on my server containing hundreds of video files, it is a very lengthy process indeed to import the media files and then try to perform the internet look-ups all-in-one. Therfore, what I would like to do is import the media files in one go, then work my way through the look-ups in AMC a bit at a time. Does that make sense? AMCUpdater seems the best option to me for the batch import becasue of the hadling for multi-part titles that you built into it. And of course, also handy for keeping things updated when new files are added.

Thanks again, and keep up the great work!

Ben

zebons

Portal Pro
January 2, 2006
Thanks for that. I hope I don't sound pushy...It's great to have the functionality of the auto look-up's, but unfortunately I do not have internet routed to my HTPC, therefore all my database updating will happen manually on another pc.

To give you background, I am just starting out setting up MP, AMC and MyFilms, and am looking for the easiest way to import large numbers of avi's, including titles with 2 or more files. Your application seems the best way of doing this. However, with a folder on my server containing hundreds of video files, it is a very lengthy process indeed to import the media files and then try to perform the internet look-ups all-in-one. Therfore, what I would like to do is import the media files in one go, then work my way through the look-ups in AMC a bit at a time. Does that make sense? AMCUpdater seems the best option to me for the batch import becasue of the hadling for multi-part titles that you built into it. And of course, also handy for keeping things updated when new files are added.

Ben
Use the previous version of amcupdater, it was doing what you want !

OrionHall

Portal Pro
September 13, 2007
London
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom

Ben

Hi Ben,

Another suggestion - run AMCUpdater and go to Tools - Options - Database Fields. Then hit the 'Select none' for 'Internet data'. Theoretically this won't attempt to look up any of the Internet data...

Let us know if it works okay for you, or use the previous version as Zebons said.

Cheers,

OrionHall.

bwg

Portal Pro
December 25, 2007
Home Country
Another suggestion - run AMCUpdater and go to Tools - Options - Database Fields. Then hit the 'Select none' for 'Internet data'. Theoretically this won't attempt to look up any of the Internet data...

I had already tried that, but it still attempts the look-ups.

I have now grabbed version 0.6 and it seems to be doing the trick :)

Thanks for the advice.

Ben

OrionHall

Portal Pro
September 13, 2007
London
Home Country

I had already tried that, but it still attempts the look-ups.

I have now grabbed version 0.6 and it seems to be doing the trick :)

Thanks for the advice.

Ben

Rats - I thouht I fixed that bit! :sorry:

Glad it's working for you now,

OrionHall.

mmoore99

Portal Member
December 9, 2006
Hi Orion,

Great work, I really like the new features that you have added.

Are you going to make the source code available as before?

Thanks.

OrionHall

Portal Pro
September 13, 2007
London
Home Country
Hi Orion,

Great work, I really like the new features that you have added.

Are you going to make the source code available as before?

Thanks.

Yes - just short on time and I forgot! I'll get it online soon and will post back here.

OrionHall.

psiebe

Portal Pro
March 29, 2007
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
would it be possible to include moviemeter.nl for Dutch updates?

thanks,
Patrick

bwg

Portal Pro
December 25, 2007
Home Country
path updates

Just wondering - is there any way to perform path\file updates for an existing title in the database?

Eg. I have a file \\server\share\filename.avi with the the full path&filename stored in AMC. I then move the file to \\server\share2\filename.avi (filename.avi remains the same, only the share changes). Could I then perform an automatic update and update the path&filename for the existing entry in AMC?

At the moment when I use the interactive part of AMCUpdater, it will add a new entry with the new path&filename. This is not desirable, as I don't want to have to perform new internet look-ups if I move a large group of files. It would be nice if there was some way of using the existing titles and data already in the database. Can anyone think of a alternative or trick to make this work?

Ben

EDIT: Just had a thought - if I change all my existing entries so that files are stored with name only (no path) and add multiple paths to search in the MyFilms plugin configuration, this should work, yes? Is anyone already doing this?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom