Any North American DVB-S users? (1 Viewer)

draktheas

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2005
    I am running into a problem with autoscan of channels against a North American satellite. I wanted to find out if there are any North American satellite users who are autoscanning the channels just fine.

If you are, could you post the type of DVB-S card you are using and what satellite you are looking at?

Thanks mucho,
    Drak

ASiDiE

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 14, 2005
    USA
    I currently own a skystar 2. I have been testing this for probably over a year now and the last time I tried to hit dish 110 and 119, it would never pull back any channels. I am currently using other software and I am able to pull down the channel listing. As far as I know, nobody has been able to get this to work in MP. If anyone is out there, that has a different story, We are all ears.

ASiDiE

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 14, 2005
    USA
    I saw the new post and was thinking about this... I was told that "MediaPortal Stream Analyzer is not fully DVB compliant." I am wondering why the original developers of the DVB didn't take look at what other DVB programs were doing and add the same thing to DVB. It seems like not making the MPSA fully DVB compliant would only lead to problems in the long run.

I was also told this is currently being worked on to correct and improve the DVB portion of MP.

GeorgeIoak

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 14, 2006
    Antelope, California
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    Has there been any progress on the North America DVB-S support. It does seem rather odd that so many other programs support WW sats and MP doesn't...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom