Audio Renderer Changer (2 Viewers)

Thor2605

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 2, 2009
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Why?

Since Windows Vista and Windows 7 it isn't possible to change the audio renderer via registry-key anymore!
    Tools like Vista Audio Changer need to manually stop and start the playing.

Requirements
    Windows Vista
    Windows 7

Windows XP - only if the Regkey is used to change the standard audio device! Then you need not to restart the graph manually or restart mediaportal!

Function

This plugin changes druing the playing (Video, DVD or LiveTV) the audio renderer of MediaPortal and refreshes the graph.

To react to an other environment of the audio system, with this plugin you can add a loading of a registry-key to change your audio codec setup.
    If this function is used, the plugin reloads the audio codec autoamtically to apply the new settings.

Errors

This plugin is a new software, so there might be errors, which I couldn't test all, because of the various codecs and configs... For debugging, AudioRendererChanger creates a log-file in MP-Logs called "AudioRendererChanger.log"

Please post only logs with "Exzessive Logging" enabled in MP-Plugin-Config!

Improvements

If you have any improvements of this plugin I would be happy to post it here!

Changelog
    For version start and after MP 1.17 (a special version can be found here : Audio Renderer Changer)

V0.9.1
    - Added support for MP 1.6

V0.8
    - Added support for bass audio engine!

V0.7
    - Added Actionlist to support MCE remotes (Thanks to Anthrax!)

Download
    ARC-Homepage

Source Code ( From Nephilim )
    https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/attachments/audiorendererchanger-sourcecode-rar.174697/

Attachments

• AudioRendererChanger-SourceCode.rar
      26.4 KB
    Last edited by a moderator:

Thor2605

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 2, 2009
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    AW: Audio Renderer Changer

OK I thought it would be better in plugin-section ;)

1stdead

Portal Pro
    February 1, 2008
    Copenhagen
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    It is, but people search for help in codec section :) But you could write to them there and lead them into this thread.

lukjod

Portal Pro
    September 5, 2009
    Home Country
    Poland Poland
    Thanks for that tool. its working well. Still one problem here on windows 7 32. Is there any chance to change volume of changed audio renderer via remote in MP as it always change volume of just default audio in the system. In mp settings all is grayed out as incompatible with vista/7. Is there any way to do it right?

Thor2605

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 2, 2009
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    AW: Audio Renderer Changer

I don't need it, because I have my TV (which I control via standard device and MP) and my Logitech 5.1, wich has a IR-Receiver...

But you could try to click on the sound-icon in try with the right mouse key and look in the options! There you can say, which volumes are controlled... Maybe you can get it working in this way?!?

lukjod

Portal Pro
    September 5, 2009
    Home Country
    Poland Poland
    Unfortunately only default volume can be controlled by external app. I can control mp by mouse so probably I can make a macro in event ghost but the problem is that mp ios working in exclusivity mode in my event ghost setup. Must find other solution

CypherMK

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 11, 2009
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Looks very interesting!

Ok, question. When I want to play a m2ts file with DD True Audio or DTS MA I have to use the Arcsoft audio renderer. How do I switch from default to arcsoft? I'm not into these reg thingies.

:D

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom