[no Bug] Auto update music db on changes in share not working (1 Viewer)

Schaeklovic

Portal Pro
March 27, 2008
Braunschweig
Home Country
Germany Germany
***UPDATE***

"Blame on me" - i found "my bug": :whistle:

Of course you have to tick "Treat Tracks in an individual folder as an album". This solved my problem and now database update works like a charm... :)

settings.jpg

May be this could be a hint for other Users with "Auto-Update-Problems".

HomeY

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • February 23, 2008
    ::1
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    ***UPDATE***

Of course you have to tick "Treat Tracks in an individual folder as an album". This solved my problem and now database update works like a charm... :)
    I assume @mhoogenbosch needs to tick that option also ;)

I'll go set this thread to 'No Bug' now, since auto-update has been confirmed working by multiple users (and team members).

mhoogenbosch

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 21, 2008
    Utrecht, Netherlands
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    ***UPDATE***

I'll go set this thread to 'No Bug' now, since auto-update has been confirmed working by multiple users (and team members).
    will try asap[DOUBLEPOST=1390677823][/DOUBLEPOST]
    ***UPDATE***

will try asap
    agreed 'no bug' is fine..

Works instantly with that option ticked. Did the function of this option change from say 1.2 to 1.14 / 1.5 or 1.6? Because i can't remember ever thicking this.

Last edited:

emphatic

Design Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 25, 2006
    Alingsås
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    IMHO, the Auto-update option should be grayed out unless the Treat tracks in an individual folder as an album option is ticked, since there's obviously a dependency here.

Emph

HomeY

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • February 23, 2008
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    IMHO, the Auto-update option should be grayed out unless the Treat tracks in an individual folder as an album option is ticked, since there's obviously a dependency here.

Emph
    I have to disagree with that, because those 2 things have nothing to do with eachother. If i put 50 songs in a single folder (personal compilation or something), then i wouldn't check that option. But if all those songs are tagged properly, i want them in the database. But it's not an album.
    Auto-update option should we independant from that setting (if there is any link)

Schaeklovic

Portal Pro
    March 27, 2008
    Braunschweig
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    It's me again. "Auto-update DB" works fine - but if Mediaportal isn't started and you do some changes in the music folders, these changes are not recognized because the "MusicShareWatcher" isn't there to watch, recognize and add tracks to the db.

If you have a client / server installation or use an independend NAS for your music files, this is a "terrible behavior". In order to have all music albums in your music db, you always have to start the client - only to have the MusicShareWatcher online.

I think "Auto-update DB on changes in share" suggests to also recognize changes between last run of MusicShareWatcher - and THIS doesn't work. It would be great if there would be the posibility to "update" automatically on start of mediaportal to close this leak.

HTPCSourcer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 16, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Help please. I installed 1.6 from scratch on a client today, then added Sebastiii's patches (MusicInfoHandler, Fanart Handler, LastMediaHandler).

I can kick the search for any artist or album off manually but no automatic update of artist/album infomation is taking place anymore. Things work correctly on another machine and I can't figure out why it would not collect data for the whole Music database automatically on the other one.

I have lost track of all the changes about Automation, Strip of prefixes, and so on. Maybe I have not been using the right patch here (V3).

HomeY

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • February 23, 2008
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Have you checked your settings for Treat Tracks in an individual folder as an album as stated a few posts above as fix?

@hwahrmann could you please explain what the intended behavior of this option is? Should the dB only be updated with this option checked or is this a bug?
    i think emphatic has a valid point about the (obvious) dependencies between the settings.

HTPCSourcer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 16, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Yes, I ticked it.

HomeY

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • February 23, 2008
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    And MusicInfoHandler is in your Process plugin directory?
    You don't see entries of that in your logs?

I have to say that my HTPC also had issues in the beginning with the MusicInfoHandler, my DEV pc worked instantly. I think a reboot fixed the HTPC, since that's working fine now.
    You should see loglines like this:
    [2014-02-01 09:56:38,008] [Log ] [MusicInfoHandler: Album] [DEBUG] - Processing Album: ludovico einaudi - una mattina
    [2014-02-01 09:56:38,008] [Log ] [MusicInfoHandler: Album] [DEBUG] - AllmusicScraper. Searching-Artist: ludovico einaudi
    [2014-02-01 09:56:38,773] [Log ] [MusicInfoHandler: Album] [DEBUG] - AllmusicScraper. Searched-Artist: ludovico einaudi Found: 1 matches
    [2014-02-01 09:56:40,711] [Log ] [MusicInfoHandler: Album] [DEBUG] - AllmusicScraper. Searching-Album: una mattina - not found in main albums. Checking compilations
    [2014-02-01 09:56:41,492] [Log ] [MusicInfoHandler: Album] [DEBUG] - AllmusicScraper. Searching-Album: una mattina - not found in compilations. Checking singles & EPs
    [2014-02-01 09:56:42,273] [Log ] [MusicInfoHandler: Album] [DEBUG] - AllmusicScraper. Searching-Album: una mattina - not found
    [2014-02-01 09:56:42,539] [Log ] [MusicInfoHandler: Album] [DEBUG] - Processing Album: bruno mars - unorthodox jukebox (deluxe edition)
    [2014-02-01 09:56:42,539] [Log ] [MusicInfoHandler: Album] [DEBUG] - AllmusicScraper. Searching-Artist: bruno mars
    [2014-02-01 09:56:43,320] [Log ] [MusicInfoHandler: Album] [DEBUG] - AllmusicScraper. Searched-Artist: bruno mars Found: 0 matches
    [2014-02-01 09:56:43,586] [Log ] [MusicInfoHandler: Album] [DEBUG] - Processing Album: anouk - update
    [2014-02-01 09:56:43,586] [Log ] [MusicInfoHandler: Album] [DEBUG] - AllmusicScraper. Searching-Artist: anouk
    [2014-02-01 09:56:44,351] [Log ] [MusicInfoHandler: Album] [DEBUG] - AllmusicScraper. Searched-Artist: anouk Found: 3 matches

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom