Auto3D plugin for MediaPortal 1.2 - 1.12 (GUI & TV/Beamer) (3 Viewers)

eagle

Portal Pro
September 25, 2004
Unterfranken
Home Country
Germany Germany
I don't know whether this question has been asked before, but it's a bit time-wasting to scroll through 97 pages to find it. So I'm sorry if I ask it again.
I've got a Sony KD 55X8505C TV. There is no 3d-button on my IR-controller. Which commands do I have to fill in instead into the TV-config section of Auto3D? When I use the irc I have to activate the "Action Menu", press 4 times down, confirm, down, confirm, down, confirm and twice exit to leave the menu. What do I have to use for "Action Menu" and "Exit"? Is there a list of commands I can use?

Regards
eagle

Stéphane Lenclud

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 29, 2013
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    but it's a bit time-wasting to scroll through 97 pages to find it
    I feel your pain. Did you try search that thread?

Did you work out how you want to connect to your TV? Via HTTP? Via IR? Via HDMI-CEC? That depends on your TV capabilities and your setup.
    If you have an Harmony Hub you should be able to use it to send IR but you will need that HTCIC software. If you have an HDMI CEC USB adapter from Pulse Eight you can also use HTCIC to send remote keys via HDMI.

Last edited:

eagle

Portal Pro
    September 25, 2004
    Unterfranken
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hello Stephane,
    thank you for your quick reply, Yes, I scrolled through several pages :) As you can see in my specs, my HTPC is connected via HDMI to the TV Set. So I want to use this way to control the TV. Do I understand you in the right way that it is not possible to send HDMI-commands directly to the tv set? I changed the HDMI input jack (from HDMI to HDMI/MHL) and had a (very) short glance to the 3d Menu of the TV (I used the preset for Sony-TVs). So I thought that it is only a thing of the right commands to send.

Using the pulse-eight adapter should solve the problem? Maybe I use a Raspi I have laying around here. Thanks for your support

regards
    eagle

Stéphane Lenclud

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 29, 2013
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Do I understand you in the right way that it is not possible to send HDMI-commands directly to the tv set?
    Not without that USB HDMI CEC Adapter. Even then you may have mixed results depending of your TV but it looks like Sony has good CEC support.
    What's good is that with that CEC adapter you will also be able to turn your TV on and off much like a normal monitor using HTCIC .
    Before you buy I recommend you try installing HTCIC to see if it works on your PC cause you will need it.
    In any case I can't guarantee the whole thing will work so don't blame me if your investment was not worth it.
    The other solution is IR via Harmony Hub which needs HTCIC too.

Using the pulse-eight adapter should solve the problem?
    Yes it could and should, but as explained above, there is still a chance that it won't. Harmony Hub could be the safest way but it's also more expensive I guess.
    Also if HDMI-CEC works it should be more reliable than the Harmony Hub solution.

Be warned that it takes a bit of time to setup HTCIC and Auto3D plug-in to work together.
    The good thing is, if you get really stuck I could drive to your place to help out, wherever that is in Unterfranken, cause I live in Würzburg :)

eagle

Portal Pro
    September 25, 2004
    Unterfranken
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    In lack of cec hardware, i tried to control the tv via ip. I was able to pair with the tv. The ip-address was listed in the textbox and the commands for sony tv were executed. after entering mp nothing happend. The tv stayed in 2d mode. I opened the config of auto3d again and the ip-address were gone. The logfile says "getting mac-address for ip-address 192.168.178.94" (which is the one ofbmy tv-set). Mac-address is listed but the ping was executed with ip 0.0.0.0 and therefor unsuccessfull. Is this a problem which is just known?

Btw. I read the thread until page 40 ;)

Regards

eagle

eagle

Portal Pro
    September 25, 2004
    Unterfranken
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    This morning I wanted to fiddle about with the settings, fired up my htpc, started a 3d sbs file and ... mp turned to sbs, the 3d menu of my tv appeared, the tv switched into 3d mode sbs and i was able to watch 3d as i expected it from the first moment on :) only the switch back to 2d didn't work.

I couldn't believe it and started from scratch to reproduce the effect. But this was the first and only time it worked. The commands are working as they should as long as i'm in the mp configuration. I can reproduce it as often as i like and the tv is recognized.

Sometimes the configuration looses the ip address. Then i have to change the vendor from sony to a different one and back to get the ip address again.
    Strange and unreliable thing. So i will give cec a chance as Stephane has proposed. I use auto3d 1.15.4 or 1.15.5 (don't know which one in the moment because my wife has occupied the htpc for the evening) and mp 1.15

Regards eagle

Btw I read the entire thread

Stéphane Lenclud

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 29, 2013
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Sometimes the configuration looses the ip address. Then i have to change the vendor from sony to a different one and back to get the ip address again.
    Strange and unreliable thing. So i will give cec a chance as Stephane has proposed. I use auto3d 1.15.4 or 1.15.5 (don't know which one in the moment because my wife has occupied the htpc for the evening) and mp 1.15

Actually HTTP is probably best if you can get it to work reliably. It sounds like it should work with your TV then, maybe it needs a developer to look at it and fix a couple of bugs.
    However if you fancy getting yourself that CEC adapter I can only recommend it. It's definitely a useful piece of kit.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom