Automatic Fanart Download (1 Viewer)

peque

Moderator - Spanish Forums
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 4, 2007
    Home Country
    Spain Spain
    I didn't see this problem, and I run this script in Batch Mode over a 600 film DB... ¿?

EDIT: I've tried now over 10 films... no problem... ¿?

trunkdog

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 19, 2009
    Alabama
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    Without having AMC involved in the equation, what is the best route for applying backdrops to individual movies?
    (This predicated on using Streamed MP skin and MyFilms plugin)

What folder, what file extension(s), what naming conventions, etc.

Do I simply path out the "Picture" tab field(s) in MyFilms config?
    Fanart reads as if you can specify multiple backdrops.
    Will this give the ability to have "scrolling" backdrops?

How is this handled given the apparent requirement for the image to bear the movie name?
    i.e. Would Movie_01 have Movie_01.jpg backdrop pointed /pathed via the config panel Picture Tab:
    Additional Picture Path (APP) and/or Fanart Picture Path (FPP) ~~:confused:~~
    What is the distinction between APP and FPP?

I apologize for the rambling, but I am obviously confused here__:oops:

Nice app, this My Films, just a we bit on the complex side___:eek:___

I am fast approaching "saturated bandwidth" between the ears....;)

Dadeo

Docs Group Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 26, 2006
    Himalayas, India
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    Thanks for the great script Peque. I tried using MovingPictures to get fanart since it does it mostly automatically, but it sets it's own movie names which are often different than my AMC so a lot of titles did not match. Also, your script found a lot more matches. Great work and very easy to select just one or a bunch of movies to update!

o0X0o

Portal Pro
    August 19, 2007
    Brisbane
    Home Country
    trunkdog - I used the script in this post (with AMC configured accordingly) for a one-time run to generate fanart for my collection. I then manually download fanart from the moviedb.com when I add a new movie (as I'm a bit of a control freak and get to pick the one I want), as well as check if the synopsis is better than what's on imdb (often the case). Probably more effort than most people are willing to commit given the popularity of AMCupdater

Hope I interpreted your query right, but you can't have multiple fanart. 'Additional Picture Path' is only supported by some skins (from memory you have to be able to select the poster image in the details screen) and displays additional images in the folder you specify in myfilms config - they could probably be high-res wallpapers but it won't change/rotate/cycle the fanart like TVseries (or streamedMP's basic home) does.

Clear as mud...?

Dadeo

Docs Group Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 26, 2006
    Himalayas, India
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    When you get the results for the first film (or any film), click "Save all", the results window will not be shown for next movies. The script will then ask you if you want it to remember which fields were checked by you, or if you prefer that this is done automatically depending of which fields have been modified by the script.

Sebell

Portal Pro
    November 25, 2007
    Lippstadt
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    It dont show -> "Save all" olny OK Button it shows
    Firsrt: Insert Title -> OK
    Seccond: Insert Relase Date -> Ok
    then he connected and download the fanart. then next

lesse

November 14, 2009
    I'm not able to see any of pictures showing what settings to change in AMC. Can anybody help me out?
    In fact, I can't see any posted pictures in the forum. It just displays a red cross. Is there a setting i should change?

ftothe3

Portal Pro
    January 13, 2008
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    I'm not able to see any of pictures showing what settings to change in AMC. Can anybody help me out?
    In fact, I can't see any posted pictures in the forum. It just displays a red cross. Is there a setting i should change?

i lost the website i was hosting the pictures on... i might post new ones when i get home.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom