Automatically updating AMC database when new files are added... (1 Viewer)

Johan

Portal Pro
April 19, 2006
Home Country
Sweden Sweden
Thanks alot! The purge option is saved. Command line I will test later.

OrionHall

Portal Pro
September 13, 2007
London
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
Yes, it will work fine with a path leading to a single MP4 file. Well it does for me :0

I do have .mp4 listed as one of my movies type files in MP which is what I believe MyFilms checks. It sees the path and scans the folder for any .??? file type that you have listed as a movie file type in MP. Thats why everything must be in its own folder.

Hi Tirade,

I've been playing around with getting AMCUpdater to handle storing folders instead of files, but have to admit defeat. All of the internal logic is based around unique files (or rather, unique filepath + filename) and getting it to work without storing the filename would require a major re-write. Essentially, the application would have to be split in two with one half providing logic for folders only, and one for files as it is now. I managed to get it to happily import folder structures instead of files, but then found all the rest fell apart!

So for the time being, you're back to doing it by hand :sorry:

Cheers,

OrionHall.

mcbelly

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 29, 2006
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi,
    recursive search is not working,tried different scenarios. My folder structur is z:\Filme\Action ..\Adventure, where z: is a mapped network share, I also tried with a local HDD, same structure, always says either "system volume information is not accessible" or "0 orphaned fles found", while there are orphaned files. Right now I can live with that, there are not that many new films every time, but for autoupdate that wouldn`t work.

Here´s a bit logfile :

14.03.2008 19:13:23 - Parsing XML File - Complete - 422 entries found.
    14.03.2008 19:13:25 - Processing Movie Folder
    14.03.2008 19:13:25 - - MoviePath : Z:\Filme\
    14.03.2008 19:13:25 - ERROR : Access to the path 'Z:\Filme\System Volume Information' is denied.
    14.03.2008 19:13:39 - Finding Orphaned Movies (not in XML file)
    14.03.2008 19:13:39 - Processing Complete - Found 0 Missing Entries.

...but there are missing entries...

Oh, and here´s an error I get from now and then:

ERROR : External component has thrown an exception.
    Happens when I select a folder via "Browse" in "Path to Movies Folder" - not important, but I thought I´d tell you.

Using AMCUpdater 0.0.6 x64 on a Win2003 R2 x64, .net v2

Cheers
    mcbelly

OrionHall

Portal Pro
    September 13, 2007
    London
    Home Country
    recursive search is not working,tried different scenarios. My folder structur is z:\Filme\Action ..\Adventure, where z: is a mapped network share, I also tried with a local HDD, same structure, always says either "system volume information is not accessible" or "0 orphaned fles found", while there are orphaned files. Right now I can live with that, there are not that many new films every time, but for autoupdate that wouldn`t work.

Here´s a bit logfile :

14.03.2008 19:13:25 - ERROR : Access to the path 'Z:\Filme\System Volume Information' is denied.

Hmm - that's really weird. Why would there be a 'System Volume Information' folder in your z:\Filme folder? The system volume information should be in the root folder of each drive. Your log entry shows you're scanning folder z:\filme, so unless this is some funky setup with a virtual file system (like DFS) then I have no idea why this would happen! Even if the z:\ drive is mapped to a share at the root of the file system then I don't see why you'd hit that secured folder when scanning z:\Filme. Really odd.

Can you please post a more complete log file - if you're concerned about privacy then you can e-mail to my sourceforge address (orionhall (at) users (dot) sourceforge (dot) net.

As for the error on the folder browser - also odd! I'll do a bit of research - first I've heard of such a thing with a standard windows folder dialogue.

Well done for finding interesting bugs :D

Cheers,

OrionHall.

p.s. Re: the folder dialogue error - can you confirm at exactly what point this occurs? Is it when you click the button, when you use the folder browser dialogue, or when you click 'OK' to select a folder?

OrionHall

Portal Pro
    September 13, 2007
    London
    Home Country
    Hi,

Here´s a bit logfile :

...but there are missing entries...

Hi again,

Can you please try the attached mini-release and let me know if you still have problems. You'll need the 64 bit version of mediainfo.dll - you have this already in your current AMCUpdater folder.

I found the part of code which has problems with the System Volume Information folder (and other secure folders) and think it's now fixed. I still don't know why you would have this problem when you were scanning a sub-folder, but maybe this will help anyway!

Please Note : This is a tweaked version of my latest development code. It should be functional but please be careful and ensure it does what you want. In particular, check the Options page and ensure the 'Date Handling' option is what you want - if you don't currently have the Date field stored in your Ant Catalog then your lists will be sorted oddly by default. Oh, and it says it can handle scanning multiple folders - it can't! So don't even try that yet...

Please let me know if this works for you.

Cheers,

OrionHall.

mcbelly

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 29, 2006
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi - me again

The new version works perfectly, and MUCH faster. The System Volume error is gone ! Do you still want that logfile ?

The folder dialogue error happens (unregularly) in the browser dialogue, clicking through a folder hierarchy, when selecting a folder, before I click any buttons. If I click cancel, the dialog exits, but not the program. If I click OK, I can continue....strange

Thanks for your effort !

mcbelly

OrionHall

Portal Pro
    September 13, 2007
    London
    Home Country
    Hi - me again

The new version works perfectly, and MUCH faster. The System Volume error is gone ! Do you still want that logfile ?

The folder dialogue error happens (unregularly) in the browser dialogue, clicking through a folder hierarchy, when selecting a folder, before I click any buttons. If I click cancel, the dialog exits, but not the program. If I click OK, I can continue....strange

Thanks for your effort !

mcbelly

Excellent :)

Don't worry about the logs - this new way of doing it should be good enough to cope with most situations now. It's a real problem with a .Net class which should be useful, but isn't because of the bug. Oh well - you live and learn.

Thanks,

OrionHall.

z3us

Portal Pro
    December 4, 2007
    Home Country
    Spain Spain
    hi again.I have another suggestion for you, orion
    It would be great if purge option could be used only with files stored in HD.So, movies in the xml would be deleted only if the source field contains "c:\" or any letter you specify.
    Would it be hard to do?
    TY

Colin_

Portal Member
    October 13, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    well it already works that way, only files in your specified movie-location will be purged

OrionHall

Portal Pro
    September 13, 2007
    London
    Home Country
    well it already works that way, only files in your specified movie-location will be purged

Yeah, but I can see where z3us is coming from - this would be more of a 'quick database editor' rather than 'auto updater' though. I have actually tinkered with adding this, separate from the main updating code, so I can tidy up my development database files for testing. It would basically just look through the xml file and delete / update whatever field you're interested in, or for z3us just deleting entries which match a pattern.

That would be pretty easy to add, though it'll have to stay on the back burner for now. I'm working on a new version which requires a fair bit of code to be re-written. In order to enable scanning multiple folders and other little tweaks I found my code just wasn't flexible enough. It's going more object-orientated now to make changes easier. I've broken the back of it - making it work at all with the new code, basically. Now I just have to make it actually work properly...!

Cheerio,

OrionHall.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom