Avallonis (a skin based on Avalon) (8 Viewers)

evilgroby

Portal Pro
February 2, 2011
Home Country
Germany Germany
can someone please tell me how i use the MUSIC SEARCH function?
everytime i click in SEARCH the screen switch and turn back => nothing happened :-(

okay, installed global search.
now everything is fine.

mohawk

Portal Member
August 8, 2006
Germany
Hi cul8er,
i setup a new MP at a friends house yesterday and installed the Avallonis 1.1. First thing i noticed is that it is now possible to choose fanart from the UserDef folder wich eliminated my post here: https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/threads/random-fanart-for-basic-home-screen.106582/. Good Job. (y)

I think you should be more consistent with the way you handle background fanarts and transparency of the overlays throughout the different sections. I like it the most in basic home with solid list/submenus and a big portion of the fanart shown.

Not sure whether it's a leftover from experimenting, but I like it least in TV Series List View with transparent list and bottom. When a dark fanart is shown you can clearly see the rectangle of the overlayed fanart. Why the bottom at all then? Since the list has such a prominent position it could as well be solid throughout the skin. There's even less need for list transparency if you size the fanart like in basichome.

I'm 100% with cruse on this one and mentioned this before in an earlier post, wich is why i changed the XML files for movingpictures, tvseries and also stuck with it when i reworked the mvCentral files to match with the homescreen. Making the overlays more transparent isn't (from my point of view) a very good idea. Sorry, it just don't look good.
Maybe we can go back to the 1.0.9 look with the UserDef folder from 1.1.0 option. That would be perfect and make me a happy camper. :whistle:

Oh, i almost forgot, now all we need is latest media support for mvCentral wich brings me back to the happy camper. :D
Keep it up.

TheBatfink

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 11, 2007
    Nottingham
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Hmm. Just tried to edit my basichome menu to add plugins back and I keep getting an error when trying to save the editor.. Basically steps are
    Open MePo Config
    Open Avalonis Editor
    Add Plugins to BasicHome Menu
    Click Update
    Click Save
    Error

Prevents me from updating my menu :(

************** Exception Text **************
    System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
    at ProcessPlugins.AvallonisEditor.AvallonisConfig.SetFanartHandlerDefines()
    at ProcessPlugins.AvallonisEditor.AvallonisConfig.btSave_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e)
    at System.Windows.Forms.Control.OnClick(EventArgs e)
    at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnClick(EventArgs e)
    at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mevent)
    at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
    at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
    at System.Windows.Forms.ButtonBase.WndProc(Message& m)
    at System.Windows.Forms.Button.WndProc(Message& m)
    at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
    at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
    at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

2BitSculptor

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 23, 2008
    South Central Wisconsin
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    Hmm. Just tried to edit my basichome menu to add plugins back and I keep getting an error when trying to save the editor.. Basically steps are
    Open MePo Config
    Open Avalonis Editor
    Add Plugins to BasicHome Menu
    Click Update
    Click Save
    Error

Prevents me from updating my menu :(

Don't use the Update button, when adding plugins. Update works (for me) only when "changing" the main menu items, not when adding or sorting. And it doesn't work when changing sub-menu items. You must make sure you delete it first, then add it new from the available plug-in list on the left.

TheBatfink

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 11, 2007
    Nottingham
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Ok so I am adding something to the menu as new. Tried without hitting update, still get the exception error..

Ok.. Just tried again and this time I selected single image for the backdrop, hit update and it saved ok. I guess I wasn't specifying the backdrop. That form needs some logic to check for things like that, its not immediately obvious at all.

Haraldpeter

Portal Pro
    March 16, 2010
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi,

I update from 1.09 to 1.10 und now in Basic Home I don´t have Fanart for Movingpicture . I configure Fanart and movies(scraped) in Editor.
    In 1.09 Fanart I get a fanart Picture in Basic Home.

PS. In music Fanart works. My settings there is music(scraped), too.

Best Regards
    Haraldpeter

ixdvc

Portal Pro
    May 26, 2009
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I update from 1.09 to 1.10 und now in Basic Home I don´t have Fanart for Movingpicture . I configure Fanart and movies(scraped) in Editor.
    In 1.09 Fanart I get a fanart Picture in Basic Home.
    I have the same problem. If it is set to movies (scraped) I get TV series fanart and if it is set to movies (user) I get that default image with the cinema seats. So the user mode works as planned, but the scraped not.

backard

Portal Member
    November 26, 2011
    Sorry cant find this anywhere . Is mytorrents plugin supported with this skin ? Also i also think the appearance of the skin has taken a slight step backwards with the 1.10 update . The basic home just doesn't look as slick now .

1stdead

Portal Pro
    February 1, 2008
    Copenhagen
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    Hi cul8er.

Please change this in MyMusicPlayingNow.xml
    <visible>!Control.HasFocus(6106)+string.equals(#Play.Next.Artist)</visible> to <description>up next label</description> as when you only play one track you see "Next -". :)

Jelmo

Portal Pro
    September 8, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi cul8er.
    I am not sure why i have so many "warnings" and messages in the Log files. But could you please check the Logs.
    I run 1.2.3 with clean Avalonis 1.1.0

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom