Basic Home Automation via xAP BSC enabled devices (updated 9-01-2008) (1 Viewer)

Kaoh

Portal Pro
September 11, 2006
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
ok, reading the first post again (was a long time ago), it seems the Cm15 support works directly from this plugin, so not over xAP. In that case its actually simple, you need an Cm15 directly connected to the MP server. And you loose all other options.

Also there are option for homeseer (see post 1) but I cant seem to find any for activehome to enable it xap.

If someone sends me a CM15 i would be able to build a xap program that support CM15 and Cm11 but that would not solve your problem since activehome still would not support the xap.

So it seems the only sollution is to use a second cm15 for you two, and since it uses a special script program it may very well be the case it wont run on vista 64, but I can also not confirm that.

globaldonkey

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 23, 2007
    Home Country
    Thanks Kaoh,

Yes I got the impression from one of Patrick's posts a few pages back that the CM15 support was only local on the MP machine. If I have to make a choice between ActiveHome and MP as the client, assuming MP can pretty much do everything ActiveHome can, I think I'd rather have access to the device through MP than ActiveHome. It looks like it would be simpler for others to use, and you can drive it through a remote.

Thanks for the blue3 skin files. I'll try getting it going this weekend with the CM15 on the MP machine.

Laurid

Portal Member
    January 18, 2009
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi,
    I have some Problems installing this plugins.

I have the CM11 connected via usb to serial cable on serial port 3
    I'm using Homeseer 1.7 with it. And it works fine.

I followed the installation instructions on this site:
    Mi4.biz - Content

But I can't do the 4. and 5. Step. My Options Dialogbox does not appear when I click on the Button.

Btw: Do I really have to change the "X10 Interface Device" to "xAP Conduit"? Where does Homeseer now know on which Port my cm11 is.

Thanks a lot for your HELP.

Laurid

Laurid

Portal Member
    January 18, 2009
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Does nobody have an answer? I heard it should be no problem getting the CM11 to work with MP :confused:

thanks

Kaoh

Portal Pro
    September 11, 2006
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Getting your CM11 working with xAP is described in the first post and requires a certain program. Once you have that running MP can connect to it using this (see thread start) plugin.
    But your questions are about tools and Homeseer that is not used in the MP - CM11 (x10) setup. So I think thats why you get little response. People here probably do not use that.

infy

Portal Member
    January 27, 2006
    Many different devices are mentioned but what is supported best. What route should I take?

I want to go all out. Security/Cameras/garage/lights and all other cool stuff :p

I have an extensive PoE gigabit network, wifi, Multiple powerful mediaportal machines, quadcore server on 24/7. I use harmony 895 remotes.

tips are v much appreciated before I dive in :)

artart

September 19, 2006
    xap 2-ways?

Is the xap connectivity bi-directional? In other words can MP be controlled by another xap device or is the plug-in only allow you to send?

ronsonol

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 2, 2007
    Kingston
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    After upgrading to MP 1.0.1, I get this error message in the logs, over and over, until I exit back out of the plugin screen.

2009-04-15 22:56:06.453000 [Info.][MPMain]: render exception:confused:ystem.MissingMethodException: Method not found: 'Double MediaPortal.GUI.Library.GUIListControl.get_TimeSlice()'.
    at BHAWindowPlugin.GUIControls.GUIBHADeviceControlListControl.Render(Single timePassed)
    at MediaPortal.GUI.Library.GUIControl.DoRender(Single timePassed, UInt32 currentTime)
    at MediaPortal.GUI.Library.GUIWindow.Render(Single timePassed)

The skin will load, with no buttons/pictures visible. Can still turn devices on/off, if u move around the screen...you just don't see where you are.

Kaoh

Portal Pro
    September 11, 2006
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    I have problems with the plugin after 1.0.1.0 also. I guess it needs to be recompiled against the latest version of MP.
    I hope Patrick still is supporting this. If he hasn't ill see what I can do about getting a new xAP devices plugin going.
    But that may take some time, I was working on a new cm11 to xAP application first since the one at the xAP sites is frozen in time and it starts to work less and less for me.
    Maybe it is time to speed up things.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom