Blu-rays wont play (1 Viewer)

PeaBee

Portal Member
September 27, 2014
Home Country
Great Britain (UK) Great Britain (UK)
Was happily watching blu-ray movies in MP 1.8.
Upgraded to MP 1.10 and Maya from 1.5 to 1.6. Maybe do some other less dramatic changes as I struggle to get multi-channel audio over HDMI on an Intel NUC (success!).
Upshot: I put a blu-ray disc in and get "Unable to play: Index". DVDs are fine. Argg! What might have I done?

HomeY

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • February 23, 2008
    ::1
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Argg! What might have I done?
    Hi, no clue without any logs ;)
    Maybe forgot to enable/install decryption software?
    Please post them. You can use the WatchDog shortcut on your desktop and select option 3.

PeaBee

Portal Member
    September 27, 2014
    Home Country
    Logs attached! Used option 2 and just initiated a failed attempt to read blu-ray.
    Forgot to install decryption software? But it was working last week.
    Some of the other "less dramatic" changes I made was to upgrade Moving Pictures (Moving Pictures does identify the disc despite not being able to play it) and enable MPAR to circumvent the defective Intel audio (but, in desperation, tried putting audio renderer back to "default directsound" for blu-ray playback).

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Log says:
    [2015-01-14 09:01:45,776] [Log ] [MPMain ] [DEBUG] - BDPlayer: Add BDReader to graph
    [2015-01-14 09:01:45,788] [Error ] [MPMain ] [ERROR] - BDPlayer: Exception while creating DShow graph An object or name was not found.

Did you run the installer with administrative privileges (right click -> run as administrator) when you upgraded?
    If not, it is possible that DirectShow filters such as the Blu-Ray splitter (BDReader.ax) have not been registered.
    You can register them manually if you know how to use the command line. Simply: regsvr32 "<file path and name here>"

PeaBee

Portal Member
    September 27, 2014
    Home Country
    Humm, perhaps I'm fooling myself: I think I've played blu-rays in MP 1.8 but maybe I'm remembering seeing them on my telly using a LG BD Player and I've only got them into Moving Pictures on MP (which doesn't need to read the disc contents), not played them. On installing a trial of AnyDVD I could access a disc and see it had AACS encryption (couldn't play the movie though!).

What alternatives to AnyDVD could I use? There seems to be lots of negative comments about Passkey Lite and BDFree seems to have disappeared.

mm1352000: No, I didn't "run as admin", just responded to any prompt: I'll look into that (might explain why AnyDVD gives me an incomprehensible list of titles, and "menu" does nowt).

Thanks very much.

HomeY

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • February 23, 2008
    ::1
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Forgot to install decryption software? But it was working last week.
    Code:
    14-01-2015 09:01:45.787 [  ac0]CLibBlurayWrapper - Disk is encrypted, no decryption is currently supported
    if you never had decryption software (like AnyDVD HD or DVDFab Lite), then commercial discs never worked on your HTPC.
    The above message is pretty clear: No decryption software running/installed. ;)

What alternatives to AnyDVD could I use? There seems to be lots of negative comments about Passkey Lite and BDFree seems to have disappeared.
    Those are the 2 well known decrypters. Both should work, but Passkey Lite = free.

Check our Blu-ray Wiki for requirements and additional info ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom