Blue Portal - Free Cellphone Remote (1 Viewer)

Clemens82

Portal Member
March 11, 2008
Thanks a lot.
First of all what error do you get on your phone?
No error, except i install it on my memory card. But i forgot which error it was, i guess it was something specific for my phone...

2nd Are you running the pc app. dont open media portal but run the pc app before you run the phone one. ...
That's the way i tried to do it. The Tray-Icon Tooltip says "Blue Portal"<NextLine>"(null)". And does not change, even when i connect with my phone. I'll try to update my JRE later, maybe it is some Java specific error...

Do you have any plans on releasing the source code?

Thanks!
Clemens

Edit: Updated my JRE. Just "Blue Portal"-"Null" in my Tooltip.

Durandal

March 9, 2008
Both client and server not working

Hi,

Well Ive read the whole thread and it looks like Im the only one who cant get the PC or phone app to work. When I run the server, the tray icon appears followed by "Can't create service" and some illegible characters, and that I should restart or reinstall my drivers- both of which Ive tried. Im using XP and Ive tried it with my firewall off in case that was preventing java apps starting, but no change. The thing I suspect is causing the problem is that I use BlueSoleil as my bluetooth stack, and frankly its a horrible piece of software. But I think BS is a fairly common BT solution, so can I really be the first person to use BluePortal with it?

On the phone side, I have an N95-1 which the client installs fine on. But when I run it, I get asked 3 questions (read user data, write user data, read user data (again)), then it immediately brings up another dialog saying "Unhandled exception, close application". If I say No to any of these questions the app will start detecting BT devices, find my PC (with no server running obviously), then present me with a white screen.

The test app uploaded a few posts back works with no problem, although again I get a white screen because there is no server app to connect to.

Any thoughts?

boozelclark

Portal Pro
March 26, 2007
Johannesburg/Cape Town
Home Country
South Africa South Africa
Clemens82
Ya the app nedds to be installed on the phone not the card. sorry i should have mentioned that. I'll look if i still have the code and put it up some where here. once Media portal 2 is released i'll try learn some C++ and make a propper plugin.
thanks.

Drundel
Ya unfortunatly bluecove the stack that the plugin is based on is not compatible with BlueSoleil. try googling "change bluetooth stack" or "remove BlueSoleil" i remember reading an article that said you can remove the toshiba satck so you can probably romove yours too.

THe questions are asked by the phone and not the software. so they cant be removed. the problem with writing phone apps is that every phone if different so its hard to test the app on all of them. if you can get the pc app working try just use the basic version posted earlier in the forum.

boozelclark

Portal Pro
March 26, 2007
Johannesburg/Cape Town
Home Country
South Africa South Africa
Source Code

Here is the source code. finally found it on a cd. the phone program is a net beans folder. feel free to make any changes you wish. if you are having a problem it's probably with the the background images being store on the phone

Drugar

May 18, 2008
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
Hi, I installed the app on my pc which runs fine. I also installed it on my Nokia E61, which went fine, but when I start it, it can't seem to find any bluetooth devices. Anyone have an idea how I can fix this?

redrum77

May 26, 2008
hi,

Tested on my Sony Ericson sez1010. Am getting
- 'Application error' when i try to run Blue Portal.jar on my phone :confused:
- When i run BluePortal.jar no problem. Getting "Waiting for connection"

Currently i am using Dlink DBT-120 bluetooth, driver is WIDCOMM. My bluetooth is definitely working as i am able to send files to my phone.

Any solutions ?

TIA

ralto

June 18, 2008
Home Country
Germany Germany
Hi,

did somebody try to use it with an Nokia9300?
i get some java errors (using latest version) on the pc:

Exception in thread "main" java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: C:\Documents and Sett
ings\mediacenter\Desktop\Blue Portal\PC\Blue Portal\BluePortal/jar
Caused by: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: C:\Documents and Settings\mediacent
er\Desktop\Blue Portal\PC\Blue Portal\BluePortal.jar
at java.net.URLClassLoader$1.run(Unknown Source)
at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
at java.net.URLClassLoader.findClass(Unknown Source)
at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(Unknown Source)
at sun.misc.Launcher$AppClassLoader.loadClass(Unknown Source)
at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(Unknown Source)
at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClassInternal(Unknown Source)

t.lucassen

August 20, 2008
Hi,

I am desperately trying to get this to work, but I get a java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError on my phone.

I have a HTC P3600 Windows Mobile phone, running WM6 with Esmertec Jbed buildID 20070802.2.1

Does anyone have any ideas?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom