CableCARD tuner support for MediaPortal 1 (2 Viewers)

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    I found two links from ms:
    I think you already found these, but maybe not and it is helpful to you ;)
    I hadn't seen the first presentation - thanks. :)

Did you tried Teamviewer? RDP is quite different compared to Teamviewer... So you has no OS restrictions ;)
    I will try it. I also asked bc0508 to set up WMC just in case that is required to "initialise" DRM or something like that...

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    I have a Ceton and am currently using SageTV with SageDCT and love it (but would love to switch to mediaportal given SageTV has reached EOL). I use the PBDA feature in SageDCT to record to .mpg and it works great. Very stable, and it tunes to new channels within a couple seconds. Any other feedback or detail you were looking for that'd be helpful?
    Yes, I'm wondering whether you know if you had to set up WMC for the PBDA option to start working (?).

[Edit: babgvant also mentioned potential issues with firewalls - did you have any trouble with that?]

Would it be worth it for you to connect with the SageDCT developer directly?
    Yep, I did that.
    https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/...t-for-mediaportal-1.112585/page-3#post-919658

Comments start "I did speak to babgvant...".

Would it be possible to get remote access to your machine so I could try the same things that I did with bc0508's HDHR Prime?

Last edited:

lehighbri

Portal Member
    May 10, 2012
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    I have a Ceton and am currently using SageTV with SageDCT and love it (but would love to switch to mediaportal given SageTV has reached EOL). I use the PBDA feature in SageDCT to record to .mpg and it works great. Very stable, and it tunes to new channels within a couple seconds. Any other feedback or detail you were looking for that'd be helpful?
    Yes, I'm wondering whether you know if you had to set up WMC for the PBDA option to start working (?).

[Edit: babgvant also mentioned potential issues with firewalls - did you have any trouble with that?]

Would it be worth it for you to connect with the SageDCT developer directly?
    Yep, I did that.
    https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/...t-for-mediaportal-1.112585/page-3#post-919658

Comments start "I did speak to babgvant...".

Would it be possible to get remote access to your machine so I could try the same things that I did with bc0508's HDHR Prime?

Re: sagedct, no I didn't have to set up WMC for PBDA to work. It seems decoupled from that. Babgvant's other sagemctuner does require WMC setup but I don't use that.

Re: remote access, when and for how long? And how would we set that up? Feel free to PM to talk through logistics.

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Well, I don't want to speak too soon... but I am absolutely ***ELATED*** to say that I have a breakthrough!!!
    :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

I'm currently scanning for channels on bc0508's server...
    I'm able to timeshift and preview at least some channels. Don't know for sure if any of them are encrypted, but I think they may be.

There is a rough patch attached to the first post.
    When I say rough, I do mean rough... but rough is better than nothing I hope. :)
    Please read the full details at the end of the first post for details and installation instructions.

Please - I need every person who is able to help with testing and providing feedback...
    I'm interested to know even the smallest thing.
    Comments of encouragement are appreciated as well. :)

Now I need to go to bed - got work in 6 hours. :(

mm
    :)

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Re: remote access, when and for how long? And how would we set that up? Feel free to PM to talk through logistics.
    Considering the progress made this evening, remote access is less important at this stage... but I would appreciate it if you could test. :)

lehighbri

Portal Member
    May 10, 2012
    Home Country
    Considering the progress made this evening, remote access is less important at this stage... but I would appreciate it if you could test. :)

Definitely, will do. Sounds like a great breakthrough! Will do some testing later today. And it sounds like although you tested this on a HDHomeRun, it should also work with a Ceton InfiniTV?

Last edited:

lehighbri

Portal Member
    May 10, 2012
    Home Country
    Will do some testing later today.
    Cheers. :)

And it sounds like although you tested this on a HDHomeRun, it should also work with a Ceton InfiniTV?
    Yep, I'd expect the Ceton to work. If it doesn't then I want to know about it so I can fix it. :)

I followed your directions and am in the process of scanning which you mentioned should take 10-15 minutes. I'm only on channel 100 and it's been 15+ minutes already... this seems like it's taking forever. I also see "ModNotSet No Signal" output on every channel. Should I continue the scan and follow the rest of your instructions or should I stop it and do something else?

lehighbri

Portal Member
    May 10, 2012
    Home Country
    mm1352000 - I followed your instructions and used the "MP_1_3a_CableCARD_v1.zip" patch from today to test on my Windows 7 32-bit setup w/ Ceton InfiniTV using Verizon FIOS service. See attached for the zip of my log files. Note that the scan step took about 4.5 hours to complete so something is definitely not right! (in the future is there a way to cap it at say 50 for test purposes or at least fill in a range?)

As I mentioned in my previous post, not sure if this was expected, but I saw repeated messages during the scan that says ModNotSet No Signal for every channel and the line was highlighted in red in the output window.

I haven't tried using the mediaportal client UI to test out timeshifting, recording, etc, (as I'm a new user to MP) but keep me posted on what my next steps should be to either help you further.

Keep up the great work!!

Last edited:

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hello lehighbri

First, ***big*** thank you for testing, and sorry that it didn't work out right first time.
    Your instincts were correct - something was definitely wrong.
    That problem should be remedied now with the new version of the patch (v1.1) attached to the first post.
    If the scan behaves that way again (which it shouldn't!), you should be able to hit "cancel" to stop after 15 minutes. At least one of the first 200 channels scanned should be valid.
    The 3..1000 scan range is a total guess on my part so it could absolutely be useful to enter a scan range - I'll add it to my "to-do" list.

mm

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom