Can't get TV Server working (1 Viewer)

MaccaHV

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 22, 2010
    Home Country
    Sorry for delay, been ill.
    I've completely uninstalled and deleted, as suggested. And started from scratch. Still get "Set-up Database connection" window that with "dependency MySql" says connection failed, unable to connect to any of the specified MySQL hosts. Host name User-PC is still red, also. If, instead, I click on Microsoft SQL server (I hadn't actually chosen MySQL, the system chose it) I get a long error message with error 26.
    Do you therefore think I should give up and try MP2.5.0?

CyberSimian

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2013
    Southampton
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Do you therefore think I should give up and try MP2.5.0?
    There almost certainly is a solution to your problem with MP1, but it seems unlikely that we will be able to identify it over the internet. So yes, I think that you might as well try MP2 (uninstall MP1 first). MP2 uses a different SQL engine (not MySQL).

This is the latest MP2 release. The default skin for MP2 might not be to your taste, but there is a skin that mimics Windows Media Center that you may prefer (if you used WMC in the past).

-- from CyberSimian in the UK

MaccaHV

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 22, 2010
    Home Country
    Looks like my problem is more os than I thought. I've attached the error message I got when trying to run the TV server.
    I had uninstalled and deleted all MP; clicked on link above and installed - no issues. But when I tried to configure TV, problems. Note - did 3.5 install, not 3.0?

Attachments

• MP2 TV error mess.txt
      1.6 KB

CyberSimian

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2013
    Southampton
    Home Country
    did 3.5 install, not 3.0?
    Oops! Sadly, TVE 3.5 has some known issues and is not recommended. (Apologies, I should have mentioned that TVE 3 is the preferred choice.)

If you run the installer again (no need to uninstall, this time), you can select TVE 3, and the installer will uninstall TVE 3.5 and then install TVE 3. When I tried this several weeks ago, it took a surprisingly long time, but then I do have a slow disk. So be patient and it should complete successfully.

Then try to setup TV Server. (I am keeping my fingers crossed.)

MaccaHV

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 22, 2010
    Home Country
    Made no difference, still same error message - "failed to startup TVService ........ No connection could be made because the target machine actively refused it 192.168.1.101.31456 ... etc". I did some googling, others seem to have had the same problem. Could I have a driver problem or something like that?

CyberSimian

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2013
    Southampton
    Home Country
    failed to startup TVService ........ No connection could be made because the target machine actively refused it
    This is beyond my pay grade :(. Inability to contact the server could be caused by the Windows firewall, but the MP2 installer is supposed to configure the firewall to allow communication between the MP2 client and the MP2 server. :confused:

I think that an MP2 expert will be needed here ( @ge2301 ) , but you will need to provide logs at DEBUG level. Go into "Settings" in the MP2 client and set the log level to "All", reboot, and then try to start "TV Server Config". Then use the "MP" Log Collector" to collect all logs into a ZIP file, and attach the ZIP file to a post in this thread.

ge2301

Lead Design MP2
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 11, 2014
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    This is beyond my pay grade :(. Inability to contact the server could be caused by the Windows firewall, but the MP2 installer is supposed to configure the firewall to allow communication between the MP2 client and the MP2 server. :confused:

I think that an MP2 expert will be needed here ( @ge2301 ) , but you will need to provide logs at DEBUG level. Go into "Settings" in the MP2 client and set the log level to "All", reboot, and then try to start "TV Server Config". Then use the "MP" Log Collector" to collect all logs into a ZIP file, and attach the ZIP file to a post in this thread.

Do you have MPExtended on your PC. You may check the plugin folder in your installation. If yes, try to remove it.
    I've seen, that this often caused the mentioned issue in the past.

Apart of that only logs will tell more, but I'm far away from being a TV expert :(

MaccaHV

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 22, 2010
    Home Country
    OK, I think this is what you want. BTW couldn't see MPExtended in plugins.

Attachments

• MediaPortal2-Logs-2024-03-07-07.49.29.zip
      206.8 KB

ge2301

Lead Design MP2
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 11, 2014
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Thanks for the logs, there are unfortunately no additional hints in the logs besides the already known issue:
    [2024-03-07 07:36:09,986] [92761 ] [SetupTv ] [ERROR] -
    System.Net.Sockets.SocketException (0x80004005): A connection attempt failed because the connected party did not properly respond after a period of time, or established connection failed because connected host has failed to respond 192.168.1.101:31456
    Are server and client on the same PC? If yes the IP address should be basically 127.0.0.1:31456
    I've checked several threads with the same issue. Sometimes it was the virus scanner or firewall, but I do not think it's the root cause here.
    I think something changes with the network settings. Some people reported, that a renameing of the PC name and a reinstallation helped.
    Another person was successful with installing a MS Loopback Adapter, for details see here.

I think following steps would be the best:
    • Uninstall MP2
    • Remove really all MP related folders, there are probably some settings from MP1 remaining, which could also cause issues
      • Remove C:\ProgramData\Team MediaPortal completely
      • Remove C:\Program Files (x86)\Team MediaPortal completely
    • Rename your PC, see manual here
    • Reboot
    • Reinstall MP2.5 with TVE3

MaccaHV

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 22, 2010
    Home Country
    I removed absolutely everything before the last reinstall.
    The server and client are the same computer.
    I don't think I have MS Loopback Adaptor on my machine - should I pursue this?
    The only change you're suggesting is renaming the computer. I'll try that in the morning if I have time. Renaming would fit with the problem MP1 was having IDing the server.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom