Card-Activation by tuning for 40Secs, how to do so with MP? (1 Viewer)

ARE2

Portal Pro
May 9, 2008
Germany
Home Country
Poland Poland
Hi,

for my card (smartcard) activation I have to tune a specific channel for 40 Seconds. MP lets me do that for only 15 Seconds until I get the "Channel is scrambled" Info and I 've got no clue how to get my subscription activated with MP this way? My provider says there is no other possibility for activation and that this works all the time with every receiver, but he does have no clue what a HTPC with MP is ;)

Nevertheless, has has anybody a solution for that :) ??? Would really appreciate it! Cause my subscription is worthless without it, the channels stay scrambled :(

PS: I'm using a WinTV-CI and my smartcard (TNK) is from a polish provider called TVN. The channel I have to tune is TVP1.

THX and best Regards
ARE2

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hello

You can increase the "wait for timeshifting file" and "wait for unscrambled signal" to 30 seconds... but not 40 seconds... unless you edit the settings in the DB directly.

The other way you might be able to do it is to get the DVB EPG grabber to grab from that transmitter/channel.

Regards,
    mm

ARE2

Portal Pro
    May 9, 2008
    Germany
    Home Country
    Poland Poland
    Hello

You can increase the "wait for timeshifting file" and "wait for unscrambled signal" to 30 seconds... but not 40 seconds... unless you edit the settings in the DB directly.

The other way you might be able to do it is to get the DVB EPG grabber to grab from that transmitter/channel.

Regards,
    mm

Hi,
    tried that, no success. Even changed the Timeout in the DB but this deosn't seem to work. TV-server just ignores my DB changes and tunes the maximum ammount of time that can be adjusted in the setup.

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    tried that, no success. Even changed the Timeout in the DB but this deosn't seem to work. TV-server just ignores my DB changes and tunes the maximum ammount of time that can be adjusted in the setup.
    You'd probably need to restart the TV service after changing the DB contents for the change to take effect.
    ...and don't go back to the timeshifting section in TV Server configuration. That would reset the setting value.
    If that doesn't help then please post your TV Server log files.

ARE2

Portal Pro
    May 9, 2008
    Germany
    Home Country
    Poland Poland
    You'd probably need to restart the TV service after changing the DB contents for the change to take effect.
    ...and don't go back to the timeshifting section in TV Server configuration. That would reset the setting value.
    If that doesn't help then please post your TV Server log files.

Hi,
    ok, that's what I did:

- Changed waitForTimeshift and waitForUnscrambledSignal in the DB to 360Sec. (just to be really sure).
    - Restarted the machine
    - Everything started as usually
    - Tuned the channel my provider told me (TVP1)
    - Tuning started and I had nice 360Sec. of black screen. So DB changes seemed to be working.

But after 360Secs. MP tolds me timeshift couldn't be started. So I don't know if it was just waiting for the signal and in background didn't wait so long for the unscrambled part or if it really tried to tune/wait for the scrambled signal for 360Sec, but just couldn't get the subscription from the signal as my provider told me.

Furthermore I had a Bug in watchdog and had to collect my Logs manually by hand, sorry for that (attached).

Thx in forward for your help and best regards
    are2

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hello again

ok, that's what I did:

- Changed waitForTimeshift and waitForUnscrambledSignal in the DB to 360Sec. (just to be really sure).
    - Restarted the machine
    - Everything started as usually
    - Tuned the channel my provider told me (TVP1)
    - Tuning started and I had nice 360Sec. of black screen. So DB changes seemed to be working.
    That sounds good to me. :)

But after 360Secs. MP tolds me timeshift couldn't be started. So I don't know if it was just waiting for the signal and in background didn't wait so long for the unscrambled part or if it really tried to tune/wait for the scrambled signal for 360Sec, but just couldn't get the subscription from the signal as my provider told me.
    TV Server really tried to tune and wait for the signal to be unscrambled for 360 seconds. We can have no idea whether the activation signal was sent by your provider, or whether the CAM received/ignored the signal. Those things are outside our control. All that we know is that the stream remained scrambled.

I would have thought that your provider would have needed to be asked to send the activation signal, but perhaps they send the signal every X seconds. I don't know. Please ask your provider.

It is also possible that the CAM is not compatible with the WinTV CI. I have 2 CAMs, and only one of them works with my WinTV CI. Please check if the CAM menu access works.
    http://wiki.team-mediaportal.com/1_..._Guides/2_TV_Setup/0_TV_Card_Features#CI_Menu

Finally, is your provider using CI+ (CI Plus)?

Regards,
    mm

ARE2

Portal Pro
    May 9, 2008
    Germany
    Home Country
    Poland Poland
    Hi mm1352000,

big THX so far for looking into my Problem. I really appreciate it :) !

Concerning my provider I'll call him again to check if the "Signal" is really beeing sent.

If the WinTV-CI is compatible... well hard to tell, but my provider is not using CI+, thats for sure. It's just simple Connax as he told me.

PS: Yes, the CI-Menu works! I can see the parameters of my cam/card including submenus etc.

Again big THX and regards :)
    ARE2

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom