Home Country
Finland Finland

Stéphane Lenclud

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 29, 2013
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I tried building your plug-in from the GitHub source code but I'm getting errors.
    Why don't you check in the solution files?

Tuomaa

Portal Pro
    September 21, 2007
    Home Country
    Finland Finland
    I tried building your plug-in from the GitHub source code but I'm getting errors.
    Why don't you check in the solution files?
    Do you mean CecRemote or libcec? I don't have anything (yet) on GitHub? If CecRemote, it could be just missing references.. I'll check if something is missing later next week when I get back home.

joecrow

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 9, 2012
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I much prefer my MCE Hama remote to the my Philips TV one as it has many more buttons/features and looks and feels better. So I have set up the CECRemote plugin to simply power up/down my TV and AVR(newly aquired) and adjust the AVR volume using the Hama remote. Works really well many thanks. (y) I have just one issue, I can not adjust the AVR volume if a view a movie in MP1 using TMT6 as the external player. Volume up/down just adjusts the TMT volume, not surprising I guess. I can of course still use the TV or AVR remote but any suggestions on a way to get the Hama remote to adjust the AVR volume in this scenario would be most helpfull.

megahorst

Super User
  • Team MediaPortal
  • Super User
  • July 8, 2006
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hello @Tuomaa hope you are well!
    I have a question about a special use case and hope that you can help me.
    My AMP died and I'm thinking about a replacement. I would like to buy a SONOS Soundbar that I would like to connect via SPDIF interface directly to my HTPC.
    Is it somehow possible to "register" my HTPC in such a manner to the TV-set that the TV sends the volumechange information towards the HTPC and could your plugin then control the Windows volume?
    I have played with the devicetype values (recording device, tuner, ...) in the plugin but had no success so far.

Stéphane Lenclud

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 29, 2013
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    My AMP died and I'm thinking about a replacement. I would like to buy a SONOS Soundbar that I would like to connect via SPDIF interface directly to my HTPC.
    Is it somehow possible to "register" my HTPC in such a manner to the TV-set that the TV sends the volumechange information towards the HTPC and could your plugin then control the Windows volume?
    I have played with the devicetype values (recording device, tuner, ...) in the plugin but had no success so far.
    Except that even then, with such a setup, volume is not typically set by the HTPC but needs to reach your PLAYBAR directly. Your best chance to get this working is to send IR directly to your PLAYBAR by reprogramming your IR volume control commands. That's not very CEC friendly I'm afraid.

Stéphane Lenclud

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 29, 2013
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I would like to buy a SONOS Soundbar that I would like to connect via SPDIF interface directly to my HTPC.
    Excellent choice if you have an HTPC centric setup. One thing though, it would work a lot better if your HTPC supports Dolby Digital Live. That's the one hick-up, cause the whole PC industry is going for DTS Connect rather than Dolby Digital Live therefore you pretty much need a Sound Blaster Z extension card or any sound card that supports Dolby Digital Live. It's a real pity the PLAYBAR does not support DTS.

If you want to go through with CEC in that setup the CEC plugin would need to act as a SONOS controller to change the volume, that sounds like a lot of trouble for very little gain. I'll really advise you to send IR signal directly to your PLAYBAR. Actually the PLAYBAR has a built in IR blaster too but I'm not even sure you need that.

Tuomaa

Portal Pro
    September 21, 2007
    Home Country
    Finland Finland

Volume control is problematic because the adapter (and plugin) is able to register itself only as a single device with a certain type. So, you can change the device type to AudioDevice and then your TV should send volume controls over CEC, but most likely other remote keys don't work anymore.[DOUBLEPOST=1452359426][/DOUBLEPOST]
    I much prefer my MCE Hama remote to the my Philips TV one as it has many more buttons/features and looks and feels better. So I have set up the CECRemote plugin to simply power up/down my TV and AVR(newly aquired) and adjust the AVR volume using the Hama remote. Works really well many thanks. (y) I have just one issue, I can not adjust the AVR volume if a view a movie in MP1 using TMT6 as the external player. Volume up/down just adjusts the TMT volume, not surprising I guess. I can of course still use the TV or AVR remote but any suggestions on a way to get the Hama remote to adjust the AVR volume in this scenario would be most helpfull.

Sorry for the late reply. If the remote isn't controlling MediaPortal volume while using the external player, then unfortunately there's not much to do. The plugin only catches MediaPortal volume events and then changes the AVR volume accordingly.

megahorst

Super User
  • Team MediaPortal
  • Super User
  • July 8, 2006
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Volume control is problematic because the adapter (and plugin) is able to register itself only as a single device with a certain type. So, you can change the device type to AudioDevice and then your TV should send volume controls over CEC, but most likely other remote keys don't work anymore.
    I have managed to configure the adapter as AudioDevice. Remote is working so far. All Buttons seem to work. The TV tries to activate an AVR when starting it. I receive a message then thet it is "not possible to activate the exteral speakers". Is there anything that I can try with configuration?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom