CECRemote [0.9.7] (7 Viewers)

msj33

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 30, 2005
    Home Country
    England England
    Just reinstalled MePo here with same hardware setup - But now configuration wont work any longer.:-(

I can send my HTPc on standby, and control everything - But Resume from Standby won't work. Only power button will resume workstation.

Do you have any idea how to solve this?

megahorst

Super User
  • Team MediaPortal
  • Super User
  • July 8, 2006
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Just reinstalled MePo here with same hardware setup - But now configuration wont work any longer.:-(

I can send my HTPc on standby, and control everything - But Resume from Standby won't work. Only power button will resume workstation.

I had a similar problem. Totally powering down the TV-Set (30 sec without power to be secure) solved it for my.

msj33

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 30, 2005
    Home Country
    England England

I had a similar problem. Totally powering down the TV-Set (30 sec without power to be secure) solved it for my.
    Changed "Connected to" from Receiver to TV, although I have PC<->Onkyo Receiver<->!?

Problem solved:)

megahorst

Super User
  • Team MediaPortal
  • Super User
  • July 8, 2006
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    libCEC 2.14 is out.

Out of P8 Blog:
    libCEC 2.1.4 Released
    14dec13
    We are pleased to announce the latest update to our libCEC (Consumer Electronics Control) technology, this point release addresses stability issues discovered by our customers.

We advise all users to upgrade to the latest version which addresses a number of issues relating to standby and reconnection with one of our hardware products connected.

Additionally, we have improved the stability of our CEC-Tray application which provides Windows Media Centre support.

The latest update can be found on our USB-CEC Adapter product page.

Changelog:
    https://github.com/Pulse-Eight/libcec/blob/master/ChangeLog

@Tuomaa:
    Do you think it is worth to update the libCEC in the plugin?

Tuomaa

Portal Pro
    September 21, 2007
    Home Country
    Finland Finland
    Sorry, that it took so long with providing the log. I had to send in the TV because of a problem with my CI-Card. But now it is back and I did produce a logfile.
    I did go straight to TV and while on the fullscreen-TV i pressed the info-button once, and then it looped like pressing the info-button several times.
    I think this is in the log at around 18:11:20.

For my use I have configured the yellow-button to do the same as the info-button, so I can work with that setting, but for others using the remote, this is quite strange. If there would be a solution on the plugin-side or a tip what I could else, this would be very good.

Thanks

Bruno

Sorry for the delay, I was away for holidays. It seems based on the logs that the TV doesn't send the button release information correctly for the info-button. This looping problem was addressed in libcec before by not accepting new button presses until there is correct release event, but this approach has the inconvenient side-effect to disable button repeat completely, and that's why it was removed from cecremote builds. I try to figure out something for the next release, like disabling the repeat for info-button only...[DOUBLEPOST=1389217359][/DOUBLEPOST]
    libCEC 2.14 is out.
    Do you think it is worth to update the libCEC in the plugin?

Sure. I'll try to release the update next week.
    I'll also have to find a new home for this project, since google code seems to be dropping support for downloads. Or at least move the binaries to MediaPortal download repo.

Last edited:

Benoire

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 17, 2012
    Auckland
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    @Tuomaa

Is it possible to control certain TV functions using this plugin? My TV does not send CEC commands for all the commands I need to use (mainly the info button but also useful shortcuts such as live TV and recorded TV) and I'm curious whether I can use a remote tied to the PC to send commands to the TV to control volume, source and power.

Essentially, this is the reverse of what most people use this plugin for.

Chris

Tuomaa

Portal Pro
    September 21, 2007
    Home Country
    Finland Finland
    @Tuomaa

Is it possible to control certain TV functions using this plugin? My TV does not send CEC commands for all the commands I need to use (mainly the info button but also useful shortcuts such as live TV and recorded TV) and I'm curious whether I can use a remote tied to the PC to send commands to the TV to control volume, source and power.

Essentially, this is the reverse of what most people use this plugin for.

Chris

Controlling TV volume is possible with the current version of the plugin, if TV supports it. There is option in the settings to enable this. If set, the internal volume control of MediaPortal is disabled and volume buttons will be sent to TV (or AVR if connected) instead.
    TV power switching could be added to the plugin, but it's somewhat cumbersome to do since MediaPortal handles the actual mapping of all buttons. Same goes for switching sources and also vendor specific commands would be needed to select e.g. internal tuner.

Benoire

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 17, 2012
    Auckland
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hi Tuomaa,

I guess I would only need power to the TV and volume control... Is power easy to do or are different vendors doing different things?

Tuomaa

Portal Pro
    September 21, 2007
    Home Country
    Finland Finland
    I would need someone with a looping Philips TV to test possible solutions. Is there somebody available?

@brunoh

Peter2

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 18, 2006
    Home Country
    Belgium Belgium
    Hi Tuomaa,
    In your OP you stated that the firmware has to be updated. Is this also applicable for an adapter that I just bought a few days ago?
    The tray app doesn't recognize the CEC-USB adapter even though I have installed the drivers & rebooted.
    TIA
    P.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom