CECRemote [0.9.7] (6 Viewers)

joecrow

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 9, 2012
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    After installing this Win 11 update "2024-04 Cumulative Update Preview for Windows 11 Version 23H2 for x64-based Systems (KB5036980)" on my HTPC the CEC Remote plugin failed to put my AV Receiver and TV into standby in conjunction with HTPC being put to sleep.:( Normally there is a slight pause before the HTPC goes to sleep during which the AVR and TV are placed in standby but after the update it goes to sleep immediately and the AVR and TV remain on. Strangely on wakeup the AVR and TV are briefly placed in standby prior to the complete system coming fully awake. It is almost like MP gets closed before the CEC Remote plugin can action the CEC standby request but which remains pending and is actioned on the next wakeup. After restoring from backup of 2 weeks earlier the AVR and TV are now being correctly placed in standby when the HTPC sleeps!:)
    I will retry the update later today and include logs and further info. then.

joecrow

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 9, 2012
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Further to the above I can now confirm the same behaviour aftrer reinstalling the "2024-04 Cumulative Update Preview for Windows 11 Version 23H2 for x64-based Systems (KB5036980)".
    Logs attached are for a single MP start, play TV and Weather then attept to sleep then wake up, as per above.

Attachments

• MP_Logs_NEWCORWIN_24_04_29_12_58.zip
      1.4 MB

joecrow

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 9, 2012
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    What version of the plugin is this? 0.9.х.х? 1.0.0.x?
    According to the x64 MPEM, where I got it from, I'm running 0.11.133. Sorry I should have said I am using MP 1.33 x64. Can also confirm that after uninstalling just that update sleep/standby is working again properly.

joecrow

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 9, 2012
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I have updated the CEC Remote plugin to V 1.0.0.39 but sleep/standby still fails as described after installing the Win 11 update. No improvement!:eek:

joecrow

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 9, 2012
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    CEC Remote v1.0.0.39 - I use this version, in my opinion, it is up to date.
    Well I'm up to date now also but it still does nor work properly when the aformentioned Win 11 update is installed. Is there anyone who can investigate the problem and maybe fix it? I somehow doubt MS will take much notice but I could be wrong so do you think it would be worthwhile raising the issue with them?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom