Channel mapping file location? (1 Viewer)

Sakols

Portal Member
November 21, 2016
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
Hi, I can't get TV Server to open because its lost its link to the SQL server. Im just going to reinstall. Is there any way to get my channel mapping to save is I can't get TV Server to open?

thanks

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hi, I can't get TV Server to open because its lost its link to the SQL server. Im just going to reinstall.
    Reinstalling seems a bit... well, over the top.
    A database link problem should be easily fixable. Are you sure you don't want to try to fix it? We're talking about a 2 minute fix if you can provide log files for us to check. Use the MediaPortal Watchdog tool with option 3 ("export...") to collect log files.

Is there any way to get my channel mapping to save is I can't get TV Server to open?
    No.

Sakols

Portal Member
    November 21, 2016
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    I went ahead and reinstalled. Afterward, I realized, I may have been able to fix by changing the default name , a step I forgot to try. Its working now, but next time Ill be more surgical with the problem

Users who are viewing this thread

Similar threads

Hi, First off: there are some issues with the latest Mediaportal (32bits vs 64bits), so that is one of the issues you're stumbling with. If you take the previous version (1.31) it should work as expected. For IPTV there is also a different option (with different pros and cons): Onlinevideos. I'm using that sometimes for my IPTV as...
    Hi, First off: there are some issues with the latest Mediaportal (32bits vs 64bits), so that is one of the issues you're stumbling...
    Hi I am trying to play a m3u file from my IPTV provider, but when I try to install the TV part of Media Portal v1.3.2 I get an...
    Replies
    Views
    That's great. Glad there is no issue.
    That's great. Glad there is no issue.
    I am in the process of moving my media portal installation to a new PC running Windows 11. I open TV-Server configuration go to TV...
    Replies
    Views
    Thanks CyberSimian, that's fixed it (y) and also thanks to AJS for including the change in the next release.
    Thanks CyberSimian, that's fixed it (y) and also thanks to AJS for including the change in the next release.
    When using the List Layout for Argus TV Recorded TV the page count is above the bottom information bar, refer to attached...
    Replies
    Views
    Hi, yes, you are right. The official x64 1.32 is buggy. You can try a new installers from this post if you like.
    Hi, yes, you are right. The official x64 1.32 is buggy. You can try a new installers from this post if you like.
    hi, I'm setting up a new computer and have installed MP 1.3.2 after a few goes and getting all the prereqs installed, I was...
    Replies
    Views
    MP1 MP2 IPTV in New Zealand DE
    that will only work if the username+password is in the m3u8 url. I have one like that and it works pretty ok
    that will only work if the username+password is in the m3u8 url. I have one like that and it works pretty ok
    I would love to get IPTV working on my Mediaportal. I have the TV server and three clients working great, but a recent power supply...
    Replies
    Views
    Top Bottom