Configuring S-Video Input (1 Viewer)

markd833

Portal Member
December 13, 2005
UK
Using MP 0.1.3.0 and PVR-350 tuner card.

I'm trying to map my external siganl source onto the S-Video inout of my Hauppauge PVR-350 card using MP 0.1.3.0. I read some earlier postings about problems with S-Video but the problem is supposed to be resolved.

I've run the setup, gone to TV - Channel Properties - External and set the "Input Via" to SVHS (not sure if this is correct but I've tried CVBS#1, CVBS#2 & RGB as well).

I've also gone to TV - Capture Cards, selected my PVR350, gone to the Audio Mappings tab and tried just about every combination of mapping CVBS#1 to CVBS#1,#2 & #3, mapping CVBS#2 to CVBS#1,#2 & #3, mapping SVHS to SVHS#1,#2 & #3 and mapping RGB to RGB#1,#2 & #3 without any success.

I know that if I map CVBS#1 to CVBS#1, set the input to External and choose CVBS#1 as the source, then this selects the composite input on the PVR-350. But that's as far as I've got. I can't get MP to select the S-Video input as the source of the recording.

I'd appreciate it if somebody could point me in the right direction.
Cheers.

jml42

December 15, 2005
I have a "Hauppauge WinTV PVR PCI II Capture (Hauppauge PVR500 MCE)" card an i have nearly the same problem:

I try to use CVBS#1 to read a film from a VHS tape recorder but i don't succed to see nothing on MP !

Thank you to help us...

PHN2

Portal Member
September 12, 2005
Denmark
I've got the Hauppauge 500 aswell. I've been able to record from the s-video at one point, but I've must have changed something, because now MP thinks that s-vhs is a scrambled channel. MP says "there is no availeble card for this channel" as its suppose to do when a dvb-sat channel is chosen? Pointers anyone?

THX, Per.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom