Creating fanart (1 Viewer)

vrm42

Portal Pro
April 24, 2007
Home Country
Hungary Hungary
Hey Guzzi!

Thanks for adding this feature to MF. I have an issue, of course :)
Since I don't (actually can't) have any proper value for "Item for Storgae File Info" field, plugin crashes with exception.
When I select a value, this feature does nothing.
So that would be great if this feature would look for the selected movies just the same way as it start them.

Is there any way to interact with fanart creator?
It creates low quality fanarts (640x272) only.
Also, an option to crop images to fit 16:9 (or other ARs too) would be nice.

Thanks!

vrm

Guzzi

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 20, 2007
    AW: Creating fanart

Hey Guzzi!

Thanks for adding this feature to MF. I have an issue, of course :)
    Since I don't (actually can't) have any proper value for "Item for Storgae File Info" field, plugin crashes with exception.
    When I select a value, this feature does nothing.
    So that would be great if this feature would look for the selected movies just the same way as it start them.
    Sorry, I got to admit, I missed testing that use case ...
    Can you post your latest Films.xml config, so I can use that for testing here?
    Will see, if your suggestion can be added. Minimum the exception has to be fixed of course.

Is there any way to interact with fanart creator?
    Currently, it is only offerering the currently added entries in the respective menu - it does some internal auto calculations, e.g. for mosaic fanart for different aspect ratios. If there is interest, further options could be added.

It creates low quality fanarts (640x272) only.
    The resolution depends on your source movie - it should create it in the resolution you have available for "single images" - mosaic fanart will be creates in HD, as multiple source images are added.

Also, an option to crop images to fit 16:9 (or other ARs too) would be nice.
    Let's first get basic functions to work properly ;-) - but I agree that might be a good idea for the single images - mosaic already does some adaptions for different aspect ratios...

vrm42

Portal Pro
    April 24, 2007
    Home Country
    Hungary Hungary
    Here's my config.

I tried creating fanart for a 720p movie, the results are a bunch of low res images.
    But when I use option "Create 'snapshot' fanart from current playback position", images are OK.

Thanks!

Attachments

• MyFilms.xml
      16.6 KB

Guzzi

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 20, 2007
    AW: Re: Creating fanart

Here's my config.

I tried creating fanart for a 720p movie, the results are a bunch of low res images.
    But when I use option "Create 'snapshot' fanart from current playback position", images are OK.

Thanks!
    Ahh, you're right - the multiple images initially where only created for the mosaic fanart - I added this as separate option later.
    I agree the single images should have source resolution (as snapshot image).
    Thanks for your config, will look at it.
    Guzzi

Guzzi

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 20, 2007

Here's my config.

Thanks!
    Ahh, you're right - the multiple images initially where only created for the mosaic fanart - I added this as separate option later.
    I agree the single images should have source resolution (as snapshot image).
    Thanks for your config, will look at it.
    Guzzi

Hi VRM42,
    attached you find a test version that should both fix the problem with configs not using "source" - and fix fanart resolution problem.
    Can you please test and report back.
    Behaviour is now:
    - single images: source resolution
    - multi image: HD resolution
    - multi image with single images: mosaic is HD, other single images are "small sized" (downsized from HD mosaic image)
    - snapshot: source resolution

Thanks,

Guzzi

Attachments

• VRM42-localfanartfixes.zip
      1,021.6 KB

vrm42

Portal Pro
    April 24, 2007
    Home Country
    Hungary Hungary
    BIG Thanks for resolving issues so quickly!
    Fanart creation now working fine with my own config too :)

OK

OK

- multi image with single images: mosaic is HD, other single images are "small sized" (downsized from HD mosaic image)
    OK - but I don't understand the reason of small images...

OK - but the snapshot is not perfectly taken from the 'still' you see. Looks like it's taken from the nearest keyframe.

:D

Attached updated language file.
    Can't find these:
    - Myfilms fanart creator (popup window title)
    - Creating new fanart from movie (popup status message)
    - Done (popup message)

Attachments

• strings_hu.xml
      16.9 KB

Guzzi

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 20, 2007

BIG Thanks for resolving issues so quickly!
    Fanart creation now working fine with my own config too :)
    Glad to hear that :)

I personally only made "some" tests - so would be interesting, how it is working on different media types.
    Maybe I should note, it will NOT work on ISOs and DVD/BluRay folders ...

Initially, I wanted to wait with that feature after final is out - but as first internal tests were fine, I added it to RC to get an idea, if users like it and how it works for others.
    If feedback is positive, we can think about some enhancements, like the ones you mentioned before - but after final is out ...

OK

OK

OK - but I don't understand the reason of small images...
    Yes, from userpoint of view, you're right - it is more caused by "internal reasons" - cause if I use original resolution from source and add them to mosaic image, this one gets too big - but I think I can just resize the result . so we won't ever ue the small resolution thumbs - I agree, that noone want them ;-)

OK - but the snapshot is not perfectly taken from the 'still' you see. Looks like it's taken from the nearest keyframe.
    I am using MTN tool - that is part of MP package for the image creation. Actually, I was playing with the possible settings - and there IS a settings, that allows much better accuracy for the position - but causing a REALLY long runtime - so I ended up NOT using that mode, accepting a bit less accuracy but much faster thumb creation.
    If you want to play with the settings, you can do that also locally via command line. You'll see the settings, MyFIlms used in the log as example/reference.
    If you (or anybody else) find better settings, just let me know - we can change that.

Note: You also can take the stills from a running movie - so there is no need to pause it.

:D

Attached updated language file.
    Thanks - updated trunk with your latest file.

Can't find these:
    - Done (popup message)
    Ha, you got me :) - I was too lazy to translate them - and english testers won't notice anyway ;-)
    Will add translation strings to next version and post you testversion, so you can update language file for final version ...

Guzzi

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 20, 2007

Can't find these:
    - Done (popup message)
    Ha, you got me :) - I was too lazy to translate them - and english testers won't notice anyway ;-)
    Will add translation strings to next version and post you testversion, so you can update language file for final version ...
    Added translations:

<String id="1079846">Done ...</String>
    <String id="1079847">MyFilms Fanart Creator</String>
    <String id="1079848">Creating new Fanart from movie</String>

Attached file for translation.

Attachments

• strings_hu.xml
      17 KB

vrm42

Portal Pro
    April 24, 2007
    Home Country
    Hungary Hungary
    OK, great news. Thanks!

I will check that MTN tool.

Note: You also can take the stills from a running movie - so there is no need to pause it.
    I don't know how to do that.

Updated lang file.

Attachments

• strings_hu.xml
      17 KB

Guzzi

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 20, 2007

OK, great news. Thanks!

I will check that MTN tool.

I don't know how to do that.
    If you have a movie playing, press "return" on remote - or ESC an keyboard - then you're back in MyFilms Details screen with movie running minimized (depending on skin of course).
    Then you can access the context menu and choose "fanart creation" - snapshot. The snapshot will be taken from the moment, when you choose the menu entry.

Updated lang file.

Thanks, updated trunk.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom