Custom Data Grabber including Sky UK Channel/EPG Grabber (6 Viewers)

JoeF

Portal Pro
October 17, 2012
Manchester, United Kingdom
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
Hi @DJBlu

I am still using 1.2.3 as its stable and sufficient for me. However, will you latest update work with this release should i want to update?

ta

darkraid

Portal Member
December 20, 2010
Home Country
New Zealand New Zealand
Hey everyone. New to MediaPortal. I've used DVBLink and WMC for a couple of years now. I just built a new HTPC and thought I'd give MP a go but no matter how hard I try I cannot get it to work. Whenever I scan for channels (DVB-S) it'll find 111 channels but every transponder will have signal level maximum but the quality zero when scanning. When I try to preview any of the channels in TVServer it'll just say AllCardsBusy.

Specs are:
Intel i3 3220 1155 socket
Gigabyte GA-B75M-D3H
G.Skill DDR3 1333mhz 4GB
1TB Seagate HDD
2x Hauppauge HVR-3000

I'm using DJBlu MP installers that are found HERE.

I've tried my old DVBLink/WMC setup on the new HTPC as well and it works flawlessly. All the FTA channels I can preview though. and they have a green T instead of a red T in TV Channels

I know it's a bit of a touchy subject here but that is the aim of this system but it's a bit difficult if MP always says the cards are busy or can MP not tune into encrypted channels at all and that is the error you get?

Cheers. I'll give that a go. Another thing to note is I can't even grab the EPG, it says AllCardsBusy.

Last edited:

onetoomany

Portal Pro
July 5, 2005
UK
Been using DJBlu's plugin for a while now, and it's been amazing - makes MePo the easiest alternative platform to configure for sky. However, Just wondering, has anyone else got issues with stuttering after upgrading to 1.4 (or rather, doing a fresh install of 1.4, because you cant upgrade these SVN builds!) I have a TBS 6981 tuner, with the latest drivers... and so far this has happened on two setups i have upgraded, 1 with a server and clients, the other just an all in one. the server/client setup uses nvidia ION graphics, and the other uses a 3rd gen core i3 with IGU. both worked perfectly on 1.3...

I'm not sure if you're describing the same issue as I've got (although it sounds like it at first reading) - I get audio glitches and worse, in that the recorded tv freezes every 10 mins or so (picture remains but no movement or sound); I have to jump forwards 15 / 30 secs to recover. BBC and Channel4 (both HD channels) are the worst. I've not worked out yet whether it is the server or the client causing the issue (on my to-do list!).

Thinking of going back to 1.3 - except its a bit of a hassle to do! (using a TBS 6984 tuner with 1.0.2.4 driver)

blair_haynes

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 26, 2007
    Gisborne
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    You might need to disable MCE using the 3rd party option in MP Config. Officially we don't support DJBlu as it modifies the MP Core components. make some logs and post them in that thread. for tips click "post logs" in my signature. Sorry can't be much help as I don't know much about DVB-S.

Yeah, I second this post. If you are serious about MP (and let's be honest, why wouldn't you be?) then I'd go to the extent of uninstalling WMC.

Control Panel -> Programs and Features -> Turn Windows features on or off

darkraid

Portal Member
    December 20, 2010
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    It looks like it was the tv tuner drivers. Windows used its copy of them, uninstalled all the drivers and deleted them from the drivers store and installed the Hauppauge ones.

I've got the TV Server all sorted now but I can't get the EPG or any channels to show in the MediaPortal Client.

I'm trying to get this plugin to work. I think I've got it all setup correctly in TV Server but none of the EPG or channels will show in the Client. What can I check to troubleshoot?

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    I've got the TV Server all sorted now but I can't get the EPG or any channels to show in the MediaPortal Client.
    To fix the channels not showing either:
    1. Create TV channel group(s) in TV Server configuration, then restart MP (to get MP to detect the new groups).
    2. Untick the "hide all channels group" option -->here<--.

Since you've got an HVR-3000, make sure you've set it up as a hybrid tuner.
    http://wiki.team-mediaportal.com/1_...rver_Configuration/02_TV_Servers/Hybrid_Cards

...and since you're using DJBlu's patch, ask him why you're not getting EPG.

darkraid

Portal Member
    December 20, 2010
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Yes I am still using his mod. Everything looks fine in the TV Server side. I just uninstalled everything and reinstalled as per DJBlu's instructions. I have created a new group and MP does pick up the new group. "Hide all channels group" is unticked and can be seen as a group in MP.
    The channels do not display in the guide though, just says "No Channels" and "No data available" no matter which group of channels is selected. Although I can go to the TV menu and there is data in there, it also brings up a channel with description of the program, I can also turn the TV on and watch that particular channel that is previewed in that menu.

Perhaps the EPG is updating? I'll let it sit for a while.

I only use the DVB-S tuners on my two HVR-3000 with the analogue and DVB-T tuners disabled.

EDIT: Another thing I just found is that if I change the selected group in the guide, then restart MP when I go into the TV menu the channel that is previewing in there is the highest ranked channel in that group. The channels that do preview in there have EPG data including times, description, title.

Last edited:

DJBlu

Portal Pro
    August 14, 2007
    Llanelli
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Yes I am still using his mod. Everything looks fine in the TV Server side. I just uninstalled everything and reinstalled as per DJBlu's instructions. I have created a new group and MP does pick up the new group. "Hide all channels group" is unticked and can be seen as a group in MP.
    The channels do not display in the guide though, just says "No Channels" and "No data available" no matter which group of channels is selected. Although I can go to the TV menu and there is data in there, it also brings up a channel with description of the program, I can also turn the TV on and watch that particular channel that is previewed in that menu.

Perhaps the EPG is updating? I'll let it sit for a while.

I only use the DVB-S tuners on my two HVR-3000 with the analogue and DVB-T tuners disabled.

EDIT: Another thing I just found is that if I change the selected group in the guide, then restart MP when I go into the TV menu the channel that is previewing in there is the highest ranked channel in that group. The channels that do preview in there have EPG data including times, description, title.

Go into Manual Control.

Click Refresh DVB EPG Data.

Run the scanner again.

Then leave it for 5 mins before opening the mediaportal client.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom