Discovery history and all HD channels not working (1 Viewer)

GreatMilenko

Portal Member
February 6, 2007
Home Country
Denmark Denmark
ok then write in the manual/wiki/tips that "Cyberlink for video and ffdshow for audio" is a good combo for DVB-C, it makes Mediaportal the perfect media center software but unfortunately the tv part isn't always trivial to setup, i formerly had an analog tv-tuner card and getting it up and running with EPG and without glitches in recording wasn't trivial. Digital tv is much simpler thank god, as long as the right codecs are used.

Kickin

Portal Member
September 15, 2007
hi

I have also similar problems. I can't watch Discovery HD and History HD through my cable supplier.
I can watch Eurosport HD, TV Norge HD and NAT. GEOGRAPHIC HD but when I switch to the other 2 I don't get any picture or sound. I have tried different codec like cyberlink, ffdshow but its all the same.
Attached are a log from sunday where I switched to those 2 channels.

Hope somebody can help, thanks

Kickin

ronilse

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 19, 2005
    Moss
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    hi

I have also similar problems. I can't watch Discovery HD and History HD through my cable supplier.
    I can watch Eurosport HD, TV Norge HD and NAT. GEOGRAPHIC HD but when I switch to the other 2 I don't get any picture or sound. I have tried different codec like cyberlink, ffdshow but its all the same.
    Attached are a log from sunday where I switched to those 2 channels.

Hope somebody can help, thanks

Kickin
    Hi,
    Try to switch audio codecs for television to ffdshow & in ffdshow audio configuration -> codecs set MP1, MP2 to use mp3lib.
    If that doesn't work attach fresh logs again.

Regards
    Roy

Kickin

Portal Member
    September 15, 2007
    hi thanks for your response

I tried that but still the same on those 2 channels.
    Attach new log.

regards
    Kickin

ronilse

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 19, 2005
    Moss
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    Hi,
    Hmm, logs not telling much.
    You could try PDVD video codecs for h.264 & the same as it is now on the rest(also set in MP Configuration -> General -> log level to debug), if PDVD doesn't work either, you should rec 10 sec of the ptoblem channel & upload it to our ftp, so we can test it here(attach logs + name of ts file here).

ftp: ftp://85.25.120.10/
    Login: tsdump@team-mediaportal.com
    Password: mpuser88

Regards
    Roy

ronilse

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 19, 2005
    Moss
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    Hi,
    Hmmm, not good & no errors in tv.log or tverror.log(then it's not easy)?

Regards
    Roy

GreatMilenko

Portal Member
    February 6, 2007
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    You have tried the newest version of cyberlink? Because both Eurosport HD and NAT. GEOGRAPHIC HD works perfectly for me (with ffdshow as audio).

Kickin

Portal Member
    September 15, 2007
    hi Thanks for your help and replay so far.

I did an update of the cyberlink today but still no picture on these 2 channels.
    I think I will do an new install of the TV server.

Is there someplace I can download version 1.0 RC3 ? I am thinking of trying different versions.
    I mean I have read that one had to revert back to Tv server RC3 to get all the channels.

regards
    Kickin

GreatMilenko

Portal Member
    February 6, 2007
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    using version 1.0 and only have problems with discovery history channel, which sometimes works perfectly but at other times will have artifacts or stuttering images, but that is resolved by booting.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom