[solved] DVB IP Channel Slow Motion (1 Viewer)

Area51

Portal Member
November 30, 2015
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
It was set to "Max", but I just changed it to "20" fps, I will try to monitor the frame rate received through "ISPY" on the same machine and see what I get.
Looks like around 10 fps through ISpy...[DOUBLEPOST=1448926175][/DOUBLEPOST]Also, you mentioned 6.6 fps. That seems pretty high compared to what I am seeing, I would guess that it is actually displaying 1 frame per second, if even that. you can time it based on an event and it is 15 seconds behind after 20 seconds of time...

Last edited:

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Well, the screenshot showing the statistics seems to bear out the previous indications from the log files:
    • that the source frame rate appears low (I guess that's not so surprising if the IP camera is targeted at security applications, because they're often optimised for low storage usage - motion triggering, variable/low frame rate etc.)
    • that MediaPortal is not dropping frames
    • that MediaPortal's output frame rate is approximately 10 fps

Sorry, but at this point I have to admit I have no idea what is going on, and I'm not sure what more to suggest.

@Owlsroost do you have any thoughts?

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Actually, one more thing...
    From the screenshot, the displayed frame count was only 50 even though the average fps was just over 10 fps. The frame count seems low for 60 seconds.
    To be clear, the sequence I was asking for was:
    1. Start viewing the stream.
    2. Immediately start viewing the statistics.
    3. Wait ~60 seconds.
    4. Take the screenshot.
    I think you may have reversed steps 2 and 3.

Area51

Portal Member
    November 30, 2015
    Home Country
    Hmm, the steps I took were actually just as you described:
    1. Started viewing the stream.
    2. Immediately started viewing the statistics.
    3. Waited ~60 seconds.
    4. Took the screenshot.
    The bad thing is, 50 frames in 60 seconds is about what I am seeing...

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Ugh, I don't get it! :(

The red line in the stats (which is a graph of the the actual FPS) does show significant and regular periods where the FPS is low/zero. Perhaps the average value is being thrown by that. However something still seems really out.

Did you try another video codec?
    Have you checked your CPU and GPU load during streaming?

Owlsroost

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 28, 2008
    Cambridge
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Can you make a short recording of the stream using MP and upload it somewhere ? (preferably with something moving in the picture so we can get an idea of the playback rate e.g. someone walking across in front of the camera)

Area51

Portal Member
    November 30, 2015
    Home Country
    The CPU runs at about 15%, the same for any other channel (OTA).
    One thing I did notice is that I can "fast forward" for a while until it catches up to the end. Therefore the stream appears to be coming in faster than it is playing...
    I will record a 60 second session and upload.[DOUBLEPOST=1448981077][/DOUBLEPOST]I recorded a 62 second video (.ts) and found that it takes over 3 minutes to play back at regular speed. This is exactly how it is played live.
    In the video attached, I walked outside at t + 30 seconds, but it takes 1.5 minutes to get to that point on the playback.
    NOTE: Please unzip the attached .ts file

Attachments

• manual - Camera1 - 2015-12-01.zip
      2.6 MB
    Last edited:

Owlsroost

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 28, 2008
    Cambridge
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Tried the recording - VLC will play it OK, WMP won't, MPC-HC has the same problems as MP (and it also uses LAV filters, like MP does).

I suspect the timestamps in the audio or video stream don't match the timestamps in the other stream - if you go into LAV Audio Decoder settings - see http://wiki.team-mediaportal.com/1_...nfiguration/9_Codecs_and_Renderer/1_TV_Codecs - hit the 'wrench' button on the right - and untick the 'Auto A/V sync correction' box it might play better...

Area51

Portal Member
    November 30, 2015
    Home Country
    Video (fps) is no better with 'Auto A/V sync correction' box unchecked.
    Is there another codecs that might work with this for MP? The only other one is Microsoft DTV-DVD Video Decoder and it does not work.
    Do you think there is a different VODServer 'ffmpegOutputParams' setting that might work better:
    Currently: <entry key="ffmpegOutputParams" value="-vcodec mpeg2video -s 720x576 -r 24 -flags cgop+ilme -sc_threshold 1000000000 -b:v 64K -maxrate:v 2M -bufsize:v 1.4M -acodec mp2 -ac 2 -b:a 128k -f mpegts -"/>

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    @Area51
    Does the original IP camera stream actually have audio?
    Are you able to supply a short recording of the raw IP camera stream (ie. untouched by ffmpeg/VODServer)?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom