DVB-S2 card for MediaPortal with proper Diseqc 1.2 support (2 Viewers)

gurabli

Portal Pro
July 20, 2010
Home Country
Hungary Hungary
As far as I understand, my best option will be to align the satellites with a set top box that supports usals, that way I can be sure that I will have the correct position. ...but USALS is much easier.
I agree. :)

OK, I will do this. It will not take so long if MP is moving the dish.

Could you please contact me in PM, to discuss the remote access to my HTPC, as we have discussed this in another thread already.
I think let's wait and see your log files first. If DiSEqC just works then there is probably no reason for me to get access. Note I don't have a lot of time at the moment as I'm working on other projects.

Of course, first I will try this out and I'm hoping that it will work out of the box:) I post you the logs when I have them!

gurabli

Portal Pro
July 20, 2010
Home Country
Hungary Hungary
hi
I think it is working, but not perfectly. I have installed the card.

1. Aligned the dish to 28.2E with STB, checked signal, everything fine.
2. plugged the coax to dvbsky card
3. went to diseqc motor tab, stored the position with 28.2E selected
4. went to channel scanning, updated satellites list, selected 28.2E, scanned the channels, found all the channels I can receive (did not select anything under diseqc)
5. everything is working fine

6. moved the coax back to stb, aligned the dish to 39.0E, everything working fine
7. moved the coax back to dvbsky
8. selected 39E under diseqc motor, stored the position, position stored under next number
9. scanned for channels, all channels found, everything is working fine

If I start manual control and select a channel on 39E, timeshifting works perfectly. But if I select a channel from 28.2E, the dish doesn't move, I get no signal error.
BUT, if I go to diseqc motor setting and select 28.2E and click GOTO, the dish moves from 39E to 28.2E!! I trz timeshifting and everything works fine!

Basically what we need to achieve is to instruct motor movement if I select a channel from a different sat. Is it possible to do? Or maybe I have done something wrong? I should select sat, scan for channels, and store the position AFTER? I do not have any idea. I hope the logs will help you! And I hope the fact that motor is moving on manual tv server command helps it to fix this issue more easily.

Looking very much forward to your answer (and help), it is so close to perfect now!

Many thanks!

Attachments

• Backup20130930.zip
    739.2 KB
Last edited:

gurabli

Portal Pro
July 20, 2010
Home Country
Hungary Hungary
Sorry for being boring, but I so much await for your help mm, I keep hoping that the channel movement can be sorted out and I can have a perfect system...
I hope the log files show something promising...

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hello again gurabli

I think it is working, but not perfectly.
    I agree.
    It looks like these tuners support the Hauppauge DiSEqC interface. :)

If I start manual control and select a channel on 39E, timeshifting works perfectly. But if I select a channel from 28.2E, the dish doesn't move, I get no signal error.
    BUT, if I go to diseqc motor setting and select 28.2E and click GOTO, the dish moves from 39E to 28.2E!! I trz timeshifting and everything works fine!
    Yes, I can see that DiSEqC commands are not being sent when you change channels.
    I'm not sure what is wrong. As I said previously, I've never used a motor myself so I am learning almost as much as you.
    From the code, I suspect that the motor positions were not stored with your channels when you scanned them.
    Can you try to rescan (sorry - I know it takes a long time, but I don't really have any other ideas)?

DJBlu

Portal Pro
    August 14, 2007
    Llanelli
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    There are so many issues with the motor code it has become an irrelevant part of the TV Server. There is no waitout times whilst tuning so the first tune will always fail unless you move the motor a couple of degrees.

I have added code to enable Usals and I am currently merging this code with the 1.5.0 Final Branch.

I will upload some files later that I would like you to try.

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    There is no waitout times whilst tuning so the first tune will always fail unless you move the motor a couple of degrees.
    In gurabli's case you'll see that TV Server isn't even sending commands to the motor when changing channel, so that isn't the problem here... and even though it may not be ideal, you can increase the tune timeout setting.

gurabli

Portal Pro
    July 20, 2010
    Home Country
    Hungary Hungary
    Hello again gurabli

I think it is working, but not perfectly.
    I agree.
    It looks like these tuners support the Hauppauge DiSEqC interface. :).
    Hello mm!
    I hope these are great news, I mean the Hauppauge DiSEqC interface usage.

Yes, I can see that DiSEqC commands are not being sent when you change channels.
    I'm not sure what is wrong. As I said previously, I've never used a motor myself so I am learning almost as much as you.
    From the code, I suspect that the motor positions were not stored with your channels when you scanned them.
    Can you try to rescan (sorry - I know it takes a long time, but I don't really have any other ideas)?

In exactly which log file should I check for the diseqc command being sent or not?
    I have read in another thread that I should check the tvdatabase and see which motor position is assigned to which sat (satindex, if I'm correct). But where is this file located and and how to open the database file?

I pretty much hope that the fact that motor is able to move on goto function and it is reacting on diseqc commands in tvserver motor control window means that the fix for the channel change sending diseqc commands is not so hard or impossible to add.

Of course, I will do a rescan, if you need even 10 times:) I have just two satellites added at the moment (28,2E and 39E) to setup motor control, once it is fully functional, I will add all the sats I need. I will delete all the channels, clear the logs, and then do the whole rescan.
    Can you confirm that the proper way to do this is:

I. dish is aligned to 28,2E properly,
    1) I press store position BEFORE scanning channels
    OR
    2) before pressing store position I scan the channels and AFTER the scan is completed I store position?

I just cant remember how I did the first scan. By logic, both ways can result in proper sat-position settings, but I guess only one is correct.

II. I align the dish to 39E (probably using my set top box) and do step I. again.

I will also upgrade to MP 1.5.0.[DOUBLEPOST=1380696223][/DOUBLEPOST]
    There are so many issues with the motor code it has become an irrelevant part of the TV Server. There is no waitout times whilst tuning so the first tune will always fail unless you move the motor a couple of degrees.

I have added code to enable Usals and I am currently merging this code with the 1.5.0 Final Branch.

I will upload some files later that I would like you to try.

Thank you DJBlu for your help as well! Wow, USALS support, that sound so great! I will try everything you need and ask, just post detailed instructions please how to do it:)
    As I have offered mm too, I'm more then glad to give you remote access to my htpc, and that way you could do and check everything, configure, test, access logs, etc.
    Send me a PM if you like the idea of remote access and there we could discuss the details.

By the "the first tune will always fail unless you move the motor a couple of degrees" you mean that there is nothing we can do to have proper functionality to move the dish by a simple channel change? I desperate:(

Last edited:

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    First...

By the "the first tune will always fail unless you move the motor a couple of degrees" you mean that there is nothing we can do to have proper functionality to move the dish by a simple channel change? I desperate:(
    The motor should normally move on channel change, so do not despair. :)

Yes, this is good news. Less work for me. :)

In exactly which log file should I check for the diseqc command being sent or not?
    TVService.log

I have read in another thread that I should check the tvdatabase and see which motor position is assigned to which sat (satindex, if I'm correct). But where is this file located and and how to open the database file?
    That information is correct. You'd need to use a program such as MySQL Workbench to access your database. It is not a file that can be opened and read properly in a text editor.

I pretty much hope that the fact that motor is able to move on goto function and it is reacting on diseqc commands in tvserver motor control window means that the fix for the channel change sending diseqc commands is not so hard or impossible to add.
    A fix is not required. Your channels need to be rescanned/reconfigured.

This one is correct. You must do it before, not after.

gurabli

Portal Pro
    July 20, 2010
    Home Country
    Hungary Hungary
    First...

The motor should normally move on channel change, so do not despair. :)

Yes, this is good news. Less work for me. :)

TVService.log

That information is correct. You'd need to use a program such as MySQL Workbench to access your database. It is not a file that can be opened and read properly in a text editor.

A fix is not required. Your channels need to be rescanned/reconfigured.

This one is correct. You must do it before, not after.

Excellent, these are so great news:)
    I will do everything in the afternoon, once I got home from job. I would so much like to do it now:) Once I have done all this, I will post comments and logs. Hopefully the rescan will solve everything:)
    AFAIK, Hauppauge cards are working properly, including diseqc motor movement.

gurabli

Portal Pro
    July 20, 2010
    Home Country
    Hungary Hungary
    Deleted the channels, aligned the dish and stored the position, started a channel scan, repeated this for next sat.
    IT IS WORKING!!! Or nearly... As DJBlu said, the first tune fails if I select a different sat. But if I select the same channel again, then the channel is locked. I guess it is because the time the motor needs to move from one sat to another. Since 28.2E and 39E are not far away, the motor moves very quickly. If it would be possible to fix this...It would be so great.

One more thing: on diseqc motor setting menu I do not see the signal level, and the tuner is never locked. I do not know why could this be, but it would be great if this could work too, more easy to find sat and position on correct signal. I have to use my stb or dvbviewer to position the sat. Perhaps USALS support would fix this?

Attachments

• TVService.zip
      24.4 KB

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom