Emulators 2 - BETA - 19/08/12 (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brownard

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • March 21, 2007
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Emulators 2 beta - 19/08/2012

Beta version now released - view change-log below for details. There have been many database changes and although an upgrade from the alpha version should work I would recommend you rename/delete your existing database and start from scratch.

The plugin has been re-written almost entirely from the ground up and many new features have been added (I still need to update the wiki to document the changes). This will have bugs and maybe some features I have forgotten to finish ;)

To get started open the new config and click on the green plus on the Emulators tab to add your first emulator. The wizard will guide you through all the required options and allow you to configure and test your rom directory/filter combination.
    The wizard should recognise a few common emulators and ask whether to auto-configure the emulator with recommended settings.
    Once configured the detected roms will need to pass through the importer before they are displayed in the Games tab, open the importer tab to start the import.

You can add PC games or individual roms for a configured emulator by clicking the green plus button in the Games tab and following the wizard.

A key new feature in this version are 'Emulator Profiles' - this allows alternate configurations for emulators to be created (e.g alternate arguments, executable, etc) - you can then specify which profile a game should use in the Games tab or select an alternate profile from the context menu within the GUI.

All image panels support "drag n drop" of image files/data for manually configuring artwork, double clicking a panel will open the image in your default viewer and right clicking will display a context menu with various options.

I have included scrapers for thegamesdb.net, mobygames.com and gamefaqs.com, there are also scrapers for MAWS and retrocpu.com however these are initially disabled as the MAWS site is currently down and retrocpu only provides a basic filename search so is not very accurate. Scrapers can be enabled/disabled and prioritised in the Advanced Options tab.

I have included skin files for Default, StreamedMP and Avalon skins - if anyone is interested in helping to expand the skin support let me know.

The options tab contains options for preview videos HOWEVER these are internally disabled until I can get them working properly. EDIT: Video previews now supported.

The new importer and GUI are based heavily on MovingPictures so thanks to the original devs and skin designers for their great work!!

--Download Emulators 2 Beta--

Project/SVN

EDIT: Now compatible with 1.3 Alpha
    Edit: Beta version released

Happy testing :)

Changelog:
    12/08/2012 (beta release)
    • Add multi disc support - files can be merged/unmerged in importer or manually added/edited under discs tab in game browser.
    • Add "add as blank game" button to importer and change function of "ignore game" to delete game from db
    • Improve importer results matching/sorting and restrict results to specified platform
    • Add online retrieval of emulator platform info/thumbs
    • Add ability to specify preferred scrapers for each artwork type
    • Allow creation of individual profiles for PC games and separate args from path to allow editing
    • Add pre and post launch arguments - you can place any command exactly as you would enter it into a command prompt
    • Add extraction and launch progress indicator
    • Add preview video support (videos are set to play in background so any skins need to leave a nice "hole" in the UI)
    • Add groups editor
    • Many bug fixes and performance improvements...

Last edited:

bribbon

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 11, 2008
    Home Country
    Switzerland Switzerland
    hi,
    the new importer works wounderfully and the new wizard, to add a new emulator / pc game, is really useful and simple to understand. I think they are a lot of new user beeing gratefull to you.
    thank you for this fantastic work and also for the Avalon skinfiles! (y)

I tried the alpha version and have imported all my roms. the only thing I found was: if the importer has already the wrong gametitle imported, then the incorrect thumbs aren't deleted when I changed it to the correct game.

cheers

jdoo

Portal Member
    January 19, 2009
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    Thanks for this! Hopefully I get some time this weekend to try this out. MyEmulators is a big part of how great mediaportal is to me so thank you for your efforts on this plugin!

jimmyo

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 1, 2006
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Thanks for the new version, I added an emulator (Atari 2600) with no problem. Then tried to import the games but it didn't find the right match for about 200 of the games and I can't find an option to import the games without matching to a result.

In Moving pictures you have a button Add as Blank (Editable) Movie to import them.
    Maybe there are some other way I can't seem to find ?

Brownard

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • March 21, 2007
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Yes, in the importer tab highlight the games you want to skip and press the red cross to ignore them. They will then just be added as a blank game.

legnod

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 24, 2011
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    So i found some time to test the new emulator plugin and it works great so far!
    I like the new importer and the configuration. at the moment i only got one issue....the emulators (dolphin and project 64) doesn't close when i hit the mapped key

if i hit the mapped button (ESC) the game goes to window mode or stop the emulation but dont close the emulator itself.
    When i close the emulators with the mouse mediaportal shows up and everything is fine.

EDIT: found the correct setting for closing the emulator... :)

vuego

Documentation Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 5, 2006
    Göteborg
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Thanks, Brownard, this looks really good.

I've added a SNES emulator with a path to roms but the scraper keeps finding iPhone :( and games for many other game systems. Is it possible to limit the search to only my added emulator?

jimmyo

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 1, 2006
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    I second vuego, that option would be great. I imported a console with only 30 games (ChannelF) but the results where all over the place, so to specify the console would speed up the process.

Also I noticed that there is something wrong with the arguments field tried to start mess with the argument that worked in the old version of MyEmulators.

channelf -cart %ROM% -joy

I think it's something to do with %ROM% because it starts the game with

channelf -cart

/Jimmy

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom