EPG USA setup using xmltv. STICK THIS! (1 Viewer)

crazyjoe02

Portal Member
May 18, 2006
shred444 said:
when you ran the grabber manually, did it show a bunch of #### signs to show that it was getting data

Yep, and at the end it said downloaded XXX programs in so many seconds or whatever...

DocGolden

Portal Member
April 21, 2006
South Dakota
Commodore 64 said:
A few of us have installed a plugin (that will be publicly released shortly) that takes care of all this zap2it/xmltv/powescheduler/.bat file/timezone guessing nonsense.

Basically: Enter your username, Enter your password, and you are done. It does everything but renew your zap2it subscription every 3 months. It runs in the background. You never have to mess with it. It's great. Bradsjm is God.

If you feel left out, then you should hang around in the IRC chat and help out testing! :evil:

I'd like to volunteer for testing this new app. I've just wasted 3-4 hours this weekend trying to get a valid EPG import. But every adjustment I've made still leaves me with programs in the wrong timeslot. VERY aggrevating...

Commodore 64

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 20, 2005
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    DocGolden: There are a few changes that need to be made to it, and bradsjm is on vacation. If you find me on the IRC chat, I can hook you up with a version of the plug-in that works fairly well.

Or PM your Email.

scrumbles

Portal Member
    April 12, 2006
    Bay Area, USA
    Home Country
    I am having trouble getting my multiple channel linups that I specifiy in ZAP2IT to show up in the guide. Can anyone help me. I have multiple cities specified and can only get one lineup at a time.

Commodore 64

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 20, 2005
    Home Country
    scrumbles said:
    I am having trouble getting my multiple channel linups that I specifiy in ZAP2IT to show up in the guide. Can anyone help me. I have multiple cities specified and can only get one lineup at a time.

Perhaps you could try a little zap2it plugin to see how it handles the channels. It's nearing release, but if you hit me up on IRC I can DCC yoiu and tell you how to set it up.

Lonjee

July 25, 2006
    AHH!

i can do all of the above but in the cmd it prompts for my password, but doesn't allow me to enter one.. help anyone?

mzemina

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 23, 2005
    Tulsa, OK
    Home Country
    Re: AHH!

Lonjee said:
    i can do all of the above but in the cmd it prompts for my password, but doesn't allow me to enter one.. help anyone?

You have to FIRST setup an online account with zap2it - http://labs.zap2it.com Then you configure (setup a lineup - they call it - with your zipcode and what provider <over> you are using, plus the channels you recieve) the zap2it account and the xml TV guide information is downloaded with the zap2it plugin. Plus every (I think it is but don't know for sure) three months renew (you have to go online with your browser and enter your username & password) your free online account your setup with zap2it otherwise you will not get the TV program guide in MediaPortal.

Lonjee

July 25, 2006
    Re: AHH!

mzemina said:
    Lonjee said:

You have to FIRST setup an online account with zap2it - http://labs.zap2it.com Then you configure (setup a lineup - they call it - with your zipcode and what provider <over> you are using, plus the channels you recieve) the zap2it account and the xml TV guide information is downloaded with the zap2it plugin. Plus every (I think it is but don't know for sure) three months renew (you have to go online with your browser and enter your username & password) your free online account your setup with zap2it otherwise you will not get the TV program guide in MediaPortal.

i have the plugin downloaded, and in the correct directory. But the setup program doesnt recognize it.( i also have the zap2it account)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom