Error: Failed to load your skin ... aborting startup" (1 Viewer)

ltfearme

Community Plugin Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 10, 2007
    Sydney
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    Upgrade to Win7? Maybe WinXP is the reason.

spacemanc

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 20, 2011
    I'm getting this with Win8 and 1.3.0.

StreamedMP was working fine with 1.3RC

I fixed the problem by deleting my TV logos. I had hundreds of fairly high quality .png logos. I then replaced the logos with lower quality images. It appears that MePo has a limit on how much image data it can cache at startup.

Last edited:

olli14

Portal Pro
    December 17, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi ltfearme and all other MePo users,
    I have still this issue "Error ... failed to load your skin". Now I have had an idea: I wanna install StreamedMP. Than start the basic home editor and make a basichome.xml for my needs. Than make a backup or copy of all skin related xml files, png files and so on out of the subdirectory "StreamedMP". Than uninstall StreamedMP again. Than copy all backed-up files (the skin related xml files, png files and so on) into the skin sub directory. Could this work?

By the way: yesterday I uninstalled StreamedMP with the standard Windows software tool. After that I couldn't get into the "plugins section" in the MePo configuration anymore. I got an error message. So I reinstalled StreamedMP again and then I could get into the "plugins section" in the MePo configuration again.

What files do I need to get the StreamedMP basic home editor to work?

best regards
    olli14

olli14

Portal Pro
    December 17, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi,
    I have now updated to Windows 7 Home Premium 64 Bit (made a clean install). But I have still this error message "Error ... failed to load your skin". Someone any ideas?
    What's the best way to uninstall StreamedMP and install it again?

olli14

ltfearme

Community Plugin Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 10, 2007
    Sydney
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    Why bother re-installing? You just said you did a clean install so what will change this time?

If you want to uninstall just follow the wiki: http://code.google.com/p/streamedmp/wiki/Installation#Uninstall (there is no special instructions and is like any other application installed on your machine).

No one can help you if you dont give us more details like a full set of logs, pictures etc after each thing you try.

mrbonsen

Super User
  • Team MediaPortal
  • Super User
  • December 6, 2008
    Brensbach (HE) ehemals Görlitz
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    or times you move into German forum - to be able to understand better.
    also because you can be helped.
    I do not understand why more of the talking is 1.3/1.3 rc - Sat where we are already 1.5 ?
    it is about a mod that only works with 1.3?
    assume here a "cheap" lapsus as source of error.
    install on my testcomputer and I deinstall skins without break from mod to original and back again - and secured with clear skin back again - never problems! (references.xml) :sneaky:

oder bewege dich mal ins deutsche forum - um besser verstehen/verständnis zu haben.
    auch da kann dir geholfen werden. ;)
    vermute hier einen "billigen" lapsus als fehlerquelle.
    auf meinem testrechner install und deinstall ich skins ohne pause von mod bis original und wieder zurück - mit löschen und gesichertem skin wieder zurück - nie probleme !

Last edited:

olli14

Portal Pro
    December 17, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I changed from Windows XP to Windows 7. That's the reason for the clean install. I already posted the log file in the first post but no one could help.
    I didn't change so far to 1.5 because there are a few plugins that I'm missing so far for 1.5.

I'll ask for support in the german forum.

olli14

olli14

Portal Pro
    December 17, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    OK one last thing.
    Yesterday I have tested again on my htpc with Windows 7 Mediaportal 1.3RC. I started Mediaportal in debug-mode (with the option "report a bug to a skin designer or plugin developer") and Mediaportal started with the skin StreamedMP. No error message ""Error ... failed to load your skin"!
    Then I have tested on my laptop (Windows XP Mediaportal 1.5). The same here. I started Mediaportal in debug-mode (with the option "report a bug to a skin designer or plugin developer") and Mediaportal started with the skin StreamedMP. No error message.

olli14

olli14

Portal Pro
    December 17, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I think that I have now found the issue. Only when I install the myvideoredo plugin I get this error. Before installing myvideoredo everything worked fine. Attached the XML files of the myvideoredo plugin for StreamedMP. I'm sure there is someting wrong with these XML files, isn't it?
    I already asked in a german thread for the correct XML files or can I get these files here?

olli14

Attachments

• myVideoRedoStart.TVRecords.zip
      87.5 KB

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom