Error: Failed to load your skin ... aborting startup" (1 Viewer)

Holzi

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • April 21, 2010
    Ba-Wü
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    You have install the fonts (Right click on the font -> Install). After you have done this you should clear the skin cache and reboot.

From the logs it is a font problem imo:
    Code:
    2013-02-18 21:32:24.843750 [ERROR][MPMain(1)]: GUIFont: Failed to load font debug from cache. Trying to recreate it...
    2013-02-18 21:32:24.859375 [ERROR][MPMain(1)]: D3D: InitializeDeviceObjects - Exception: System.NullReferenceException: Der Objektverweis wurde nicht auf eine Objektinstanz festgelegt.
      bei MediaPortal.GUI.Library.GUIFont.InitializeDeviceObjects()
      bei MediaPortal.GUI.Library.GUIFontManager.InitializeDeviceObjects()
      bei MediaPortalApp.InitializeDeviceObjects()
      bei MediaPortal.D3DApp.InitializeEnvironment()

After some searching in our forum, it could be that Arial Font (arial.ttf) of windows got corrupt. Helpful links: https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/threads/crash-on-startup.103179/#post-819426

Last edited:

olli14

Portal Pro
    December 17, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I'll try to reinstall the Arial font too. But what makes me wonder is that Mepo gives me the error message "Not enough memory" (in german "Nicht genügend Arbeitsspeicher").

olli14

Portal Pro
    December 17, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I have installed the Arial font but error still there. By the way: I have installed the same version of StreamedMP on my laptop. There I don't get this error message but Mediaportal doesn't start. Mediaportal shows the loading screen and when the loading process ends and the homescreen should appear Mediaportal ends. That's all. But this only happens when I'm using StreamedMP as skin.
    Some more ideas?

olli14

olli14

Portal Pro
    December 17, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I was wrong. I get this error message on my laptop too. On both "machines" I'm running Windows XP SP3. Is it possible that there is problem during installation of the StreamedMP files?

olli14

olli14

Portal Pro
    December 17, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    PLEASE HELP!
    Error ist still there. Can no one help me? Does the logs not show what my problems is? I have this error only when using StreamedMP as skin!!! And I have the same error on my laptop. Both pc running Windows XP Prof SP3.
    Would like to use StreamedMP as skin as I've done for the last months.

olli14

olli14

Portal Pro
    December 17, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Now I have uninstalled Mediaportal and StreamedMP on my laptop then installed Mediaportal again and then StreamedMP and now no error message anymore. StreamedMP is working now on my laptop. So it seems that I have to uninstall mediaportal on my htpc to get StreamedMP working.

olli14

olli14

Portal Pro
    December 17, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Now I have uninstalled Mediaportal on my htpc and then installed it again. But I have still the same error when I try to start StreamedMP. This error I only get with the skin StreamedMP. All other skins are working.
    Does anyone has an idea?

ollii14

ltfearme

Community Plugin Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 10, 2007
    Sydney
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    Try a re-install of Direct-X.

olli14

Portal Pro
    December 17, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi ltfearme,
    I re-installed Direct-X. Still the same error. Today I was happy to see that there is a new version of StreamedMP. It was my hope that with this new version the error is gone. But still the same error. StreamedMP was my favorit skin with MePo 1.2.3 and I would like to use it with MePo 1.3 RC too.
    PLEASE HELP!!!

olli14

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom