Error invoking Action 'StartTimeshift' - Mediaportal 2.5 (1 Viewer)

mx-5driver

Portal Member
May 13, 2017
Home Country
Germany Germany
Hello Folks,

Yesterday I upgraded to Mediaportal 2.5 via uninstalling 2.4.1 first and then install the latest .NET6 Variant of Mediaportal.

Hopefully the Experts around here can help about that error mentioned in Post-Title?
All of a sudden this Error pops up whenever I try to click on a Channel in the TV-Channel List.
No Idea on what got messed up as it was working before?

In Addition trying to click the Preview Button in a Channel List in TV Server Configuration throws the following Error:
Preview failed: Unknown Error

Please find the Error-Logs attached.
In Case something may be missing, just let me know.

I am kinda list as I am neither having an Idea what has happened, nor what I can do to get down to the Root Cause of the Issue.

Attachments

• MediaPortal TV Server.zip
    5.1 MB
  • MP2-Server-Log.zip
    1.7 MB

ge2301

Lead Design MP2
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 11, 2014
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Thanks, i see now you use the TVE3.5, because TVE3 in not part of the NET6 version. Can you once uninstall MP2 and try the NET4 version with TVE3?

mx-5driver

Portal Member
    May 13, 2017
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hello,

thanks very much for responding.
    Indeed this is correct, however may you please explain why I should do that ?

.NET6 with TVE 3.5 is the latest one and beside some glitches with Channel sorting (see another Thread) it was working fine since yesterday.
    Just today afternoon all of a sudden it stopped working and I don't quite understand why?

May I ask on what your Intention is with asking me going back to .NET 4.8 with TVE 3?
    Honestly I am a bit afraid of doing so because of loosing my Channel Setup which caused me quite a while to set it up.
    Is there any Way to save or export the Channel-Lists and Station-Scans, so I do not have to do it from Scratch again?

What I already tried though was doing a Repair Installation of the current Setup.
    Unfortunately that didn't help.

Last edited:

ge2301

Lead Design MP2
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 11, 2014
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I made the proposal, so you are back to a working version. We might be able to fix your issue with TVE3.5, but it will take time, because somebody needs to check the log files and understand the issue. I’m with phone only and can not check them today :(
    If it’s not so urgent for you, it’s of course to keep the current version.

TVE3.5 is the latest state of an unfinished work and the developer left the team some years ago. On many systems it worked stable, but we have for example detected potential issues with DVB-T2.

mx-5driver

Portal Member
    May 13, 2017
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Thanks very much for explaining.
    Appreciate your Intent of at least having a working Solution for me.
    I thought the Version 2.5 with .NET6 was a Release Version - I did not expect that it still has major Issues beside of missing some Minor Feature-Elements which are not yet completed.

Since a Repair Installation did not work, I wonder wich of the following Options to take:
    • uninstall / reinstall the same with .NET6 & TVE3.5 hoping it may make a Difference compared to the Repair Installation I already tried.
    • uninstall / reinstall as you recommended with .NET 4.8 and TVE3.

Either Way which Option to take, it will kill my Channel Setup and it will result in loosing a lot of Time for Station Scans and Channel-Group Setup again.
    Why is there no Export-Function, I believe there was one with MP1, wasn't it?

ge2301

Lead Design MP2
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 11, 2014
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I could take a look into the logs now. It basically just exists of multiple errors, which are most probably all connected.
    The very first is probably also the root cause:
    [2024-02-04 19:48:55,519] [605 ] [Main ] [ERROR] - Error loading plugin in directory 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Team MediaPortal\MP2-Server\Plugins\SlimTv.Service3'
    System.ArgumentException: Directory 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Team MediaPortal\MP2-Server\Plugins\SlimTv.Service3' doesn't contain a valid plugin descriptor file
    at MediaPortal.Common.Services.PluginManager.PluginDirectoryDescriptor..ctor(String pluginDirectoryPath)
    at MediaPortal.Common.Services.PluginManager.PluginManager.LoadPluginsData()
    This is very strange, because you are using "SlimTV-Service35" the folder "SlimTV-Service3" should not exisit at all.
    I can only assume, that the previous uninstall of MP2.4.1 didn't fully work and it's an leftover.

Please delete the folder "C:\Program Files (x86)\Team MediaPortal\MP2-Server\Plugins\SlimTV-Service3" (or better move it elsewhere, if you fear to loose something).
    Do you see the folder "C:\Program Files (x86)\Team MediaPortal\MP2-Server\Plugins\SlimTV-Service35"? If yes, please try to restart the client. In no, please reinstall MP2.5 with TVE3.5 again and try it again.

I never used MP1, but the TVEngine is common between MP1 and MP2. If you had an export function in TVE3, then it's probbaly just different in TVE3.5.
    I can not use TVE3 and TVE3.5 myself, I've just installed TVMosaic for testing and skinning of the TV part. @CyberSimian or @joecrow know the TV part much better than me and can probably tell you more.

CyberSimian

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2013
    Southampton
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Why is there no Export-Function, I believe there was one with MP1, wasn't it?
    I have just checked my MP 2.5.0 Net6 TVE 3.5 installation, and for the first time I have noticed that "MP2 TV Server Config" does not offer the Import/Export feature. I don't know why it was not included in TVE 3.5, as it seems like a backward step.

I don't currently have an MP 2.5.0 Net4 TVE 3 installation to check, so I don't know whether the MP2 version of TVE 3 still offers Import/Export.

I am not a TV log expert, but I have looked at your logs and the file "error.log" is full of channel-group errors (there seems to be a duplicate id internally). So one possibility is to start "MP2 TV Server Config" and delete all of your channel groups other than the "All Channels" group. Then save the changes and reboot. It might enable you to use your current installation.

If you have far too many channels in the "All Channels" group, you can deselect the ones that you don't want, and thereby create a small group of your favourite channels, even though it is actually the "All Channels" group. This might solve the sorting problem too.

If you actually want to use multiple channel groups, it looks as though that may not be possible with the current release. :(

Finally, I must point out that I am not an expert in the MP TV Server internals, nor an expert in reading log files, so what I have suggested above may not work. If there is no improvement and you want to uninstall and then re-install, I would suggest installing the Net4 TVE 3 version of MP 2.5.0, as TVE 3 is a more stable product compared to TVE 3.5.

-- from CyberSimian in the UK

mx-5driver

Portal Member
    May 13, 2017
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi Folks,

first let me tell you that I am quite astonished about such a really nice and helpful Support in this Forum.
    Honestly I did not expect to get some Experts with helping Hands onboard so fast.

Well, let me briefly explain the current Status and my Plans to move forward:

First I uninstalled Mediaporatal 2.5 with .NET 6 and TVE3.5 as there seem to be still some major Bugs not really qualifying that Version for a Release Version.
    While I really appreciate the Efforts of the Developers working on that brand new Variant and I really liked the impressive Gain on Speed I think it will take a certain Amount of additional Time to elimnate major Bugs and Issues with that particular Variant of Mediaportal 2.5.

After Uninstallation I installed Mediaportal 2.5 with .NET 4.8 and TVE3 which seems to fix the Issues I have reported above.

So far I completed Basic Installation only with some Basic Functionality Checks done.
    As soon as I have Time to finish the entire Configuratoin I am going to report on how it goes here.

Thanks very Much Guys for your Responses and Support - really appreciate your Help

ge2301

Lead Design MP2
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 11, 2014
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    @Brownard would be good, if you also take a look at the log files provided in this thread with the NET6 and TV3.5 installer.
    The problem was solved with turning to NET4 with TVE3.

ge2301

Lead Design MP2
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 11, 2014
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Do you see the folder "C:\Program Files (x86)\Team MediaPortal\MP2-Server\Plugins\SlimTV-Service35"? If yes, please try to restart the client. In no, please reinstall MP2.5 with TVE3.5 again and try it again.
    @mx-5driver did you have a chance to check this? I could be the cause for all issues and we would safe time in further follow-up of the issues in your log files.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom