Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2008
    New Zealand
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Installation of MPExtended Service

Run MPExtended.Installers.Service.msi

Remember to allow access through the firewall. If wanting to use MPExtended outside your home then also allow access to public networks.

Install-MPExtended-01.png

Install-MPExtended-05.png

Last edited:

kiwijunglist

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2008
    New Zealand
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Installation of WebMP

iisexpress_1_11_x86_en-US.msi

install-webmp-01.png

MPExtended.Installers.WebMediaPortal.msi

install-webmp-03.png

Copy any WebMP skins to the WebMP Skin folder (optional)

install-webmp-skins-01.png

Last edited:

kiwijunglist

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2008
    New Zealand
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Restart MP-Extended Service so that it can see you have installed Web MP

Right click tray icon for MPExtended and click exit

install-webmp-skins-02.png

Restart MP-Extended Service by running the desktop shortcut

install-webmp-skins-03.png

You also need to do this after you install additional skins

Last edited:

kiwijunglist

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2008
    New Zealand
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Configuration of MPExtended and WebMP

install-webmp-skins-03-png.131661

configuration-01.png

configuration-02.png

Instructions for using MPSync Plugin if you do not have the MediaPortal client installed on this computer:
    (Note: this is only needed to synchronize your media databases to your server, so that you can use the media-related part without having your client turned on. This is not needed for any TV-related functions).
    1. Install MPSync on your main MediaPortal Client
    https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/...ediaportal-multi-seat-synchronization.117417/

2. Setup MPSync to copy the database and thumbs files to your always on Server/NAS or the same PC that is running MPExtended.

mpsync01.jpg

mpsync02.jpg

mpsync03.jpg

3. Note: your MPClients folders for media must be UNC shares that are available to all PCs on the network.

eg. Moving Pictures movies folder on client: \\My PC\D\Movies\
    Not D:\Movies\

4. Point MP Extended to the copied database files

Last edited by a moderator:

kiwijunglist

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2008
    New Zealand
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Test MPExtended and WebMP on local network

Click the following link
    http://localhost:8080/

default login is admin / admin

testing-webmp.png

Setup MPExtended for WAN (internet) access (optional)

You need to do the following things
    1. Make sure the PC with MPExtended has a static local IP address
    2. Open port 8080 on your router and forward it to the PC with MPExtended installed
    3. Make sure port 8080 is open on your PCs firewall to connections outside your local network
    4. Check port 8080 is open - http://www.canyouseeme.org/
    5. If you don't have a fixed IP you can use a redirect service - http://www.noip.com/ http://freedns.afraid.org/
    6. Note that you will not be able to connect using your WAN address or your no-ip address using a PC inside your own LAN. You should check using a computer not using your LAN's internet (eg. smartphone with WIFI off)

Last edited:

kiwijunglist

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2008
    New Zealand
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Last edited:

d0ne

Portal Member
    December 24, 2008
    Ah, great. Installed and configured everything this evening - together with web access, dynDNS and wakeonLAN. Now i need a faster upstream :D
    Really nice plugin, together with the Blueshift skin :)

vvulture

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 3, 2006
    Sydney
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    Just tried this... but latest android does not have support for flash. Now what ??

*UPDATE* - Also tried with PC. Installed flash and vlc plugins. Still cannot stream video. Just get black screen with VLC icon in the middle of the screen.

Also, how do we get this to work with aMPDroid ??

Cheers

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread