Extreme Movie Manager XML Exporter (1 Viewer)

boombastic

Portal Pro
November 17, 2007
My reason is that i always used EMM for years and i like it.
Mediaportal is insufficient in the sense that it, as is, doesn't lets you import from internet the plot,actors,dicrectors,ecc.....of the movies. You need to use an additional plugin.
I use Myfilms to display those infos but it needs an external app. like Ant movie catalog to create the catalog,doesn't it?
So waht i do at the moment is:
1) i add a movie to EMM importing from internet all the infos
2)i export an xml file for Myfilms to display the infos within Mediaportal.

Is moving pictures an alternative to EMM?

ok that makes sense if all you use is the built in my videos but you should check out moving pictures because its incredibly easy and does everything emm does.

the plugin Moving Pictures it basically monitors a folder for new videos. Once it detects a new movie it grabs all information from multiple internet sites(such as imdb.com)such as plot, actors, rating, directors, gets covert and fan art, then stores it in a db file for mediaportal to display. It sounds like the exact same thing, no?
Please speak about MovingPictures in the specific part of that Forum and not here :D

You're right, :sorry: :oops:

boombastic

Portal Pro
November 17, 2007
I freshly installed Vista x64 and the plugin doesn't work anymore:

************** Testo dell'eccezione **************
System.InvalidOperationException: Il provider 'Microsoft.JET.OLEDB.4.0' non è registrato nel computer locale.
in System.Data.OleDb.OleDbServicesWrapper.GetDataSource(OleDbConnectionString constr, DataSourceWrapper& datasrcWrapper)
in System.Data.OleDb.OleDbConnectionInternal..ctor(OleDbConnectionString constr, OleDbConnection connection)
in System.Data.OleDb.OleDbConnectionFactory.CreateConnection(DbConnectionOptions options, Object poolGroupProviderInfo, DbConnectionPool pool, DbConnection owningObject)
in System.Data.ProviderBase.DbConnectionFactory.CreateNonPooledConnection(DbConnection owningConnection, DbConnectionPoolGroup poolGroup)
in System.Data.ProviderBase.DbConnectionFactory.GetConnection(DbConnection owningConnection)
in System.Data.ProviderBase.DbConnectionClosed.OpenConnection(DbConnection outerConnection, DbConnectionFactory connectionFactory)
in System.Data.OleDb.OleDbConnection.Open()
in XMMExporter.Main.RetrieveMovies()
in XMMExporter.Main.PrepareExportMovies()
in XMMExporter.Main.btnExportEmmDatabase_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e)
in System.Windows.Forms.Control.OnClick(EventArgs e)
in System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mevent)
in System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
in System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
in System.Windows.Forms.ButtonBase.WndProc(Message& m)
in System.Windows.Forms.Button.WndProc(Message& m)
in System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
in System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

************** Assembly caricati **************
mscorlib
Versione assembly: 2.0.0.0
Versione Win32: 2.0.50727.1434 (REDBITS.050727-1400)
Base di codice: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.NET/Framework64/v2.0.50727/mscorlib.dll
----------------------------------------
XMMExporter
Versione assembly: 1.0.0.0
Versione Win32: 1.0.0.0
Base di codice: file:///C:/Program%20Files%20(x86)/Media%20Portal%20Plugins/eXtreme%20Movie%20Manager%20XML%20Exporter/XMMExporter.exe
System.Windows.Forms
Base di codice: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.dll
System
Base di codice: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll
System.Drawing
Base di codice: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Drawing/2.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Drawing.dll
Accessibility
Base di codice: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/Accessibility/2.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/Accessibility.dll
System.Data
Base di codice: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_64/System.Data/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Data.dll
System.Xml
Base di codice: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Xml/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Xml.dll
System.Transactions
Base di codice: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_64/System.Transactions/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Transactions.dll
System.Data.resources
Base di codice: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Data.resources/2.0.0.0_it_b77a5c561934e089/System.Data.resources.dll
System.Windows.Forms.resources
Base di codice: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms.resources/2.0.0.0_it_b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.resources.dll
mscorlib.resources
Base di codice: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.NET/Framework64/v2.0.50727/mscorlib.dll

Can it be fixed?

tomtotom2

Portal Member
November 23, 2005
better way?

Hi all,

maybe I'm stating the obvious, but if you have MS-Access on your PC its only a Matter of building a query that you can directly Import to ANT.I only use it for TV Shows, but Movies should make no difference. I'm doing TV Shows also with Myfilms, and to do this I build a query into the "mdb" File of my EMM Database. Now all I have to do is import from Acces into Ant - no need to adjust anything after that. If someone is interessted I'll post the query here - though ist really simple.

boombastic

Portal Pro
November 17, 2007
Hi all,

maybe I'm stating the obvious, but if you have MS-Access on your PC its only a Matter of building a query that you can directly Import to ANT.I only use it for TV Shows, but Movies should make no difference. I'm doing TV Shows also with Myfilms, and to do this I build a query into the "mdb" File of my EMM Database. Now all I have to do is import from Acces into Ant - no need to adjust anything after that. If someone is interessted I'll post the query here - though ist really simple.

Yes please!Can u post a brief guide on how to build the query and how to impomrt into Myfilms?:D

tomtotom2

Portal Member
November 23, 2005
Sure!

Open Access and in Access you open your EMM.MDB-File.

Next you Go to "Querys" ( hoping you`ve got an Access Version below 2007 - I got near to no Idea how anything works with the new Design)

Here you Create a New Query, close the " Insert Table" Window ( I'M guessing the Window-Names , I only know the German Version)
Under "View" ther should be the Option to switch to "SQL"

Now you should have a clean Window.

Next you Copy this text:
SELECT [tvseriesmain]![title] & " " & [season] & " x " & Format$([number],"00") & " -" & [episodes]![title] AS OriginalTitle, [tvseriesmain]![title] & "\Season" & [season] & "\" & Format$([number],"00") AS TranslatedTitle, Episodes.Rating, Episodes.Director, Episodes.Plot AS description, Episodes.Trivia, Episodes.Codec AS videoformat, Episodes.Resolution, Episodes.Bitrate AS videobitrate, Episodes.AudioCodec AS audioformat, Episodes.MovieFile1 AS Source, "Here belongs the Path to your EMM Picture Directory" & [episodes]![cover] AS Picture
FROM Episodes INNER JOIN TVSeriesMain ON Episodes.SerieID = TVSeriesMain.SerieID;

And Paste it into your empty Window.

Now you save and open it ...voila (?) you should the all you`re Fields including Hirachie etc.

You never have to go ther again....

Next step:

Open Ant
Create an empty xml
import from Access
select you mdb and the query you have just created
if necessery check your field-names (Picture and source is a miss although I dont know why)
And there you go.

Hope it helps

boombastic

Portal Pro
November 17, 2007
Ok, i've understood the process:
1)creating a query
2)impomrting it into Ant Movie Catalog
3)Exporting the xml file for Myfilms.

I followed your instructions to create the query but when i import it into Ant it says that ther's no movie to import.

A possible problem is that i read "tvseriesmain" in your query while i'm dealing with movies.

After that i noticed that when i import into ant i can choose the query "Movies" which has all the info i need!So i imported the database with that query into Ant an then i exported in a xml file for Myfilms.
The only problem is that now my films doesn't shows the covers of the movies!Why?

tomtotom2

Portal Member
November 23, 2005
Hi
Don't have access to my PC right now, but i think your Problem is clear, as the original Picture Path of the emm-db is relative, so you don't have the right path information for you Pictures (you may have noticred that I adressed that inside my query). Try building a similar qury, but with the movie table instead of tv shows. There you can adjust the path to your needs.

Hope it helps

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom