Favourite Folders list for videos (1 Viewer)

Remote Possibility

Portal Member
March 9, 2012
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
I've been using MP1 for a couple of weeks and am mightily impressed. After endless frustration using a media streamer that couldn't play back certain files or render subtitles properly, installing this on my PC and buying an MCE remote (and some long enough cables to reach my TV and amp) has made a world of difference. Hats off to everyone involved in creating it!

My question: Is there any way of creating a Favourite Folders list that can be edited from within the GUI, so I can quickly access the few shows I'm currently watching from my ever growing collection? I have everything neatly organised in subfolders that are easy to navigate through using the remote, but I'd like to have instant access to a handful of shows instead of finding my way to them each time.

My workaround solution is to add the specific subfolders to the Videos section using the configuration utility, with a space at the start of the visual name so they appear at the top of the list. This does the job but it would be nice to have a proper favourites list that folders can be added to and removed from using the remote.

N.B. I also tried setting up some shortcuts using Windows Explorer but these are not recognised by MP.

Thanks.

rekenaar

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2006
    Home Country
    South Africa South Africa
    Hi there :)

What shows are you referring to? TV Series? If so, you should really investigate the TVSeries plugin which has a favorites view built in.

Remote Possibility

Portal Member
    March 9, 2012
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Thanks, I am indeed talking about TV series so I'll take a look at it. I might have to do a bit of tweaking though, as I have no interest in seeing the rating, director, episode synopsis etc and have already edited myvideo.xml to remove all those fields.

(Forgot to mention that I did a search for "favourites" and "favorites" before posting my question and couldn't find anything relevant!)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom