Feature request? (1 Viewer)

Coach

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 8, 2006
    Home Country
    Italy Italy
    Hi,
    first of all: thank you very much for your hard work. It's really near to perfection! I started a lot of years ago ripping my CDs using EAC and tagging MP3s using MediaPlayer and AlbumArts. Then I decided to rate every single track using MediaPlayer.
    Today, using your tool, is possible to do all these things better in 1/100 of the time.

Now I would like to:

1) put lyrics on my MP3s (and MPTagThat do it perfectly)
    2) put front cover picture inside every MP3 (now is only in the folder.jpg)
    3) copy or changhe MediPlayer ratings for every MP3 in order to be visible in other programs. Explanation: I can see ratings in MediaPlayer but I think it uses non standard tags. For this reason a lot of players can't show the ratings. Maybe I need to copy MediaPlayer ratings into "standard" tags?

It wold be great to have two scripts to do 2) and 3)

Thanks again :D

Coach

hwahrmann

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • September 15, 2004
    Vienna, Austria
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    i'm looking into 2) and 3)

2) will become an option to take picture out of folder.jpg, if you search for Covers and a folder.jpg is there
    3) will most probably done by a Script, but i need to find out first, where WMP is writing the ratings to

Coach

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 8, 2006
    Home Country
    Italy Italy
    I've updated all lyrics: it's really easy and FAST!

i'm looking into 2) and 3)

2) will become an option to take picture out of folder.jpg, if you search for Covers and a folder.jpg is there
    Great!

3) will most probably done by a Script, but i need to find out first, where WMP is writing the ratings to
    It seems that WMP rating is from 0 o 255 and your rating are 0 to 5. Infact I'tried to rate some traks directly with 4 or 5 stars and WMP see those traks as 1 star only. (I hope this info is useful for you).

Thanks again.

Coach

hwahrmann

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • September 15, 2004
    Vienna, Austria
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    Wel in fact you could add any rating format that you like.
    Just open the Tag Edit screen for a single file (double click) or mark multiple files and (Ctrl+m).
    then navigate to the rating page.

Here you will find different ratings options:
    e.g. WMP writes for a 5 star rating: User = Windows Media Player 9 Series Rating = 255

if you clicked on 5 Star in the MPTagThat Grid you will see User = MPTagTHat and Rating = 5

Now the question is, which program do you want to look for your ratings. I asume it's MediaPortal. :)
    I'd rather would implement the detection of WMP rating scheme in MP than doa script to convert th ratings.

But publishing a script would be another example on how to deal with Tags.
    So i'll write a script as well, besides modifying the MP Tagreader to detect WMP ratings

MdFolter

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 7, 2005
    Breugel
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    I used TAG&RENAME for changing tags. This program has a feature to retrieve information of the internet (amazon.com/.co.uk/de) and showed me the available information. After that I could adapt the retrieved information, e.g. I could drag and place names to other MP3's. This is convenient when the list of MP3's is screwed up. Also this feature is able to add the front cover picture to every MP3.

hwahrmann

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • September 15, 2004
    Vienna, Austria
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    This feature is available as "Tag from Internet"

And is you just want the cover you select "Get Cover Art" from the ribbon

Coach

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 8, 2006
    Home Country
    Italy Italy
    Now the question is, which program do you want to look for your ratings. I asume it's MediaPortal. :)
    Yes!! First of all MP, then portable players.

I'd rather would implement the detection of WMP rating scheme in MP than doa script to convert th ratings.
    Very good.
    Just my consideration:
    There are mainly 3 different type of portable players:
    1) Players that does not need a syncronization. Usually you can see them as flash disks an copy files on them. A few of them shows ratings and I don't know wich tag they read.
    2) Players that need to be syncronized with MediaPlayer (Plays for shure). They usually show ratings (using WMP ratings) and sometimes they can sync-back also the changes in ratings. (eg. My Philips 30GB can do that. I used it to personally rate every single trak and update back my MP3s)
    3) Players that need to be syncronized with iTunes (Apples). I don't really know anything about those players (but it's interesting for iPods and iPhones).
    This is why I think the detection of WMP ratings in MP would be perfect. Maybe MPTagThat should use the same tag as WMP (0-255)... in order to be "compatible" with "type 2" players?
    Otherwise, both MP and MPTagThat shold be able of read a set of known ratings (WMP, iTunes, ecc) and MPTagThat should be able of write one or more tags at the same time (eg. WMP=255 and MPThagThat=5).

True!

So i'll write a script as well, besides modifying the MP Tagreader to detect WMP ratings
    I have no words. Thank you for your hard work.
    I will try to give you information about other tags (Samsung Media Studio, iTunes, ecc.).

Coach

kiwijunglist

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2008
    New Zealand
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    WMP11 stores ratings tags as an ID3TAG that Mediaportal 1.0 Final can already read.

However WMP11 cannot read the ratings that mediaportal creates bc mediaportal doesn't alter the ID3Tags

Unfortunately if you
    (a) reinstall mediaportal, change back to a previous ghost of mediaportal
    (b) reorganise your music database (ie move files around)
    Then you will loose all the ratings that have been created in MP

What is needed is either a process plugin or a script that will go through the mediaportal database and store the rating from the database into the mp3 id3tag. That way you *never* loose your ratings data and if you switch to a different mediaplayer in the future you still have your ratings data.

kiwijunglist

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2008
    New Zealand
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand

Any news on being able to export star ratings from MP database into the id3tag of the individual mp3 file?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom