FYI: mc2xml seems not to be working again (1 Viewer)

Bill Motzing

Portal Member
May 30, 2012
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
OK RonD! Thanks for your help. I HAVE EPG DATA!! Another satisfied MediaPortal 'customer' goes to bed happy (and bleary eyed). I have scheduled MePo to record Car Wash at 3am. If it should work I hereby commit to writting and publishing a web page called "Start to Finish, Fool Proof Instructions To Record TV with MediaPortal and MC2xml"!

RonD

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • December 20, 2011
    SillyValley CA
    Home Country
    glad you got the US EPG working, this is one of the frustrating parts of the MePo setup. For WebEPG I wrote a text readme file to help with the setup. I have notes on how to setup xmltv/mc2xml, that I need to clean it up. This info needs to get put in the official MePo wiki page to help new users and reduce the problems getting US EPG working.

Bill Motzing

Portal Member
    May 30, 2012
    Home Country
    Thank you very much. When you are not used to working with command line tools and xml files it is difficult. Now I understand how these tools work a little more I can see how the detailed instructions would seem irrelivant to those that wrote the programs.

Do you have any thoughts on the lagality of MC2xml? My only hesitation in going all out with it is that some say it violates some usage agreements. However, we have not agreed to anything. Also, I don't see how it could be illegal if you access the data for free with MediaCenter of for free with MediaPortal.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom