FYI: mc2xml seems not to be working again (1 Viewer)

Bill Motzing

Portal Member
May 30, 2012
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
TLD. I hit the refresh button and have the channels listed. However the Map To column has blank fields. When I click on one of the blank fields what appears to be a pop-up comes up and is also blank. I thought I was supposed to manually select the channel from a list in that pop up to map to. Is that column supposed to be blank?

RonD I have exported a TVGuide.xml following the command line directions on the "How would I use mc2xml with MediaPortal?" page.

Thank you for your help.

TLD

Portal Pro
October 26, 2007
Rainy Washington
Home Country
In TV server configuration in the xmltv plugin configuration general tab have you put the location of the TVGuide.xml and hit Import?

RonD

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • December 20, 2011
    SillyValley CA
    Home Country
    Bill,

glad you got this working, if you want daily EPG updates you also need to create a windows task to launch mc2xml. I think the mc2xml page has info for XP, but you can google "create scheduled task windows" to find info on setting up a mc2xml task.

maybe I mis-read your message, in the mc2xml page you need to follow steps 5 to 10 to setup your channel mappings.

maybe I need to write another readme file like I did for WebEPG

Bill Motzing

Portal Member
    May 30, 2012
    Home Country
    TLD: I have put in the location of the tvguide.xml but when I hit import I see that "Import status report" says:
    Total channels imported: 0
    Total programs imported: 0
    tvguide.xml Invalid XML file: Could not find the "D:\shares
    (The rest of the message is cut off. I cannot make the window any bigger.)

I tried storing the tvguide.xml file on the root level of the C:\ and putting in that location, but I get a similar error.

I created the tvguide.xml file by following the command line directions on the "How would I use mc2xml with MediaPortal?" page.

I had to add -f to the line because I originally got the error "no new data available"

After I added -f to the line it said: Completed ... : 22246323 bytes in 10s, 74 channels were found and 32,558 programs scheduled.
    So it looks as if tvguide.xml was created correctly. Yet I get an error when trying to import into MePo.

RonD

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • December 20, 2011
    SillyValley CA
    Home Country
    I have not seen that error message. Did you do the 1st step and download/save a copy of xmltv.dtd in the same folder as mc2xml.exe and the tvguide.xml file you generated?

Step 1. Create a folder for the EPG data (example: c:\mc2xml) and put the mc2xml.exe binary and a copy of xmltv.dtd in that folder (use a GUI file manager or command line)

the beginning of the mc2xml webpage has the following link
    http://xmltv.cvs.sourceforge.net/viewvc/xmltv/xmltv/xmltv.dtd

you need to download/save this file. Make sure it is a ".dtd" file. Sometimes it downloads as a .txt file and you may need to fix the extension.

Bill Motzing

Portal Member
    May 30, 2012
    Home Country
    No! I did not. I thought I was to generate my own .dtd file. I'll try it now. Thanks.

Bill Motzing

Portal Member
    May 30, 2012
    Home Country
    Things are going much better. It now says Total channels imported: 74 but I am wiating to see Total programs imported. It also says "Note: could take quite some time to execute depending on how many days forward you grab."

How long does it take to import?

Bill Motzing

Portal Member
    May 30, 2012
    Home Country
    No. Do I need to map before it will import?

RonD

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • December 20, 2011
    SillyValley CA
    Home Country
    yes you need to do the mapping, it tells xmltv which "guide channel" to use for each of the "tuning channels" MePo found when you scanned channels

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom