Geforce 6200 cable woes (1 Viewer)

kinchyuk

Portal Member
January 13, 2006
Kent, UK
Hi all,

Got a PNY Geforce 6200 128M this morning, and while in the process of wiring it up I noticed the S-Vid cable supplied (1m S-Vid -> S-Vid) wouldn't fit the connector on the back. About an hour later after turning the place upside down and looking down the back of the sofa in case I'd misplaced an adaptor or something, and no luck. So I tried the S-Vid -> Composite adaptor - that didn't fit either.

So.. I called PNY in France. They reliably inform me that I should have had an S-Vid connector that had no plastic key in it on both leads. I'm going to return the card to Ebuyer and see what happens next.

Now comes the twist. Never one for patience, I went shopping this afternoon and got a PNY Geforce 6600 256M card. The connector on the back is a standard S-Vid connector, as are the cables.

The one on the 6200 appears to be a 9-pin connector, so I wonder whether I'm missing the HDTV breakout box or something? The fact that the 6600 came wrapped in foam and the 6200 box was rattling when I got it makes me wonder whether it's been returned previously. PNY were certain that it's a cable issue, but I wonder..

Any thoughts? OK so it's not gonna stop me sleeping at night but if someone can explain it all to me it'd satisfy my curiosity :)

Alex

Taipan

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 23, 2005
    Melbourne
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    kinchyuk said:
    so I wonder whether I'm missing the HDTV breakout box or something?
    According to the Product Features information (for the PNY GeForce 6200, (128 MB) Graphic Card), the included accessories are:-

• DVI to VGA Adapter
    • S-Video Cable
    • Drivers CD
    • Operating Manual
    • HDTV-out Breakout Pod

Did you get all these items?

kinchyuk

Portal Member
    January 13, 2006
    Kent, UK
    Taipan said:
    kinchyuk said:
    so I wonder whether I'm missing the HDTV breakout box or something?
    According to the Product Features information (for the PNY GeForce 6200, (128 MB) Graphic Card), the included accessories are:-

• DVI to VGA Adapter
    • S-Video Cable
    • Drivers CD
    • Operating Manual
    • HDTV-out Breakout Pod

Did you get all these items?

Everything except the HDTV breakout pod I reckon the guy at PNY was wrong - I mean if you had a keyless s-video connector you could end up snapping everything (like I did earlier while trying to get the connector in).

Will return it and get another. Thanks for the help :)

Alex

wewe

Portal Pro
    August 3, 2005
    Herxheim
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi kinchyuk,

actual graphic cards are having a connector called 'TV-Out' for the analog Video output. It looks like a S-video but isn't. It usually has 9, 10 or even 12 pins whereas an S-Video has 4 Pins (or 5 I don't know how to count the big square hole).

Into the TV-Out you have to plug an adaptor which SHOULD be part of what you bought. The adaptor delivers usually 3 signal at the other side: RGB and S-Video and Composite. In comes in form of 4 cables (one of the RGB-chinch is Composite at the same time) or a box.

In the S-Video Output of the adaptor you have to put your S-Video cable.

thanks+regards
    WeWe

jawbroken

Portal Pro
    August 13, 2005
    Home Country
    Afghanistan Afghanistan
    I belive it is not an RGB connection on the adapter at all, rather a Y/PR/PB connector (at least in Australia I believe).

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom